S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i know this topic has been beaten to death but... i have done alot of searching and reading... and i still have not gotten the answer i was looking for...

ok here goes... which is better? a thomas 337 or a viair 450?

i would like to hear people who actually use these and not people who have just read something off a website. i wanna hear some real opinions and suggestions... i gotta 12 gallon and i wanna fill that bish... i want i to be able to run about 160 to 180 daily... and i live in new york so the fockin temp is not a problem. thanks alot and help a brotha out!

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
What about the Blitzluft model that is equivelant to the Viair 450? I forgot the model and shit....

·
white guy from lodi
32 Posts
VIAIR 450 ALL THE WAY THAT,S WHAT I AM GOING TO DO.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
94badazz said:
ok i know this topic has been beaten to death but... i have done alot of searching and reading... and i still have not gotten the answer i was looking for...

ok here goes... which is better? a thomas 337 or a viair 450?

i would like to hear people who actually use these and not people who have just read something off a website. i wanna hear some real opinions and suggestions... i gotta 12 gallon and i wanna fill that bish... i want i to be able to run about 160 to 180 daily... and i live in new york so the fockin temp is not a problem. thanks alot and help a brotha out!
sorry... not trying to be a dick. by the way! TAKE OFF YOUR FOCKIN CAPS LOCK. THIS IS LIKE THE 5TH THREAD WHERE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING... THIS IS S10FORUM... NOT "SHADY ACRES" RETIREMENT HOME

·
Registered
878 Posts
Re: Re: compressor show down...

94badazz said:
sorry... not trying to be a dick. by the way! TAKE OFF YOUR FOCKIN CAPS LOCK. THIS IS LIKE THE 5TH THREAD WHERE IT LOOKS LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTING... THIS IS S10FORUM... NOT "SHADY ACRES" RETIREMENT HOME
Bahahaha :drinkhaha

·
white guy from lodi
32 Posts
what the feez

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
The blitzluft compressor is the Thomas 337.

Larry, if you read this, do you have a fact sheet for the 337?? since I know u got 'em a while back. Or is the the same one as on thomas' site.

For arguments sake, lets say it is the same as on thomas' site... here are the facts...

Viair 450c:
CFM Pressure
1.66--------0
1.34-------30
1.18-------60
0.97-------90
0.87------120
0.72------150

Thomas 337:
CFM Pressure
1.15--------0
0.88-------40
0.74-------80
0.62------120
0.50------150

According this, the 450 out performs and out pumps the 337.
The 450's duty cycle at 100 PSI at 72* is 100%
The 337's duty cycle at 100 PSI at 72* is 46%

Here are the facts, you be the judge.
These are based on information from the manufacturer of both compressors and available to me at this time. If anyone would care to email me a datasheet for the 337 that does not match this, I would be happy to revise my info.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Low99Sonoma said:
I have 2 450s filling 2 5 gals. They work good for me. Go with the 450s.
Yea thats what I got. I think it fill both of them from 115 to 150 in like 2 min. 15 sec.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
cab said:
What about the Blitzluft model that is equivelant to the Viair 450? I forgot the model and shit....
That is the 337 that he is asking about.

Matt, I don't have the specs anymore. I thought that the thomas was 46% at 150 psi. I remember that the specs were off a little from viairs, making it hard to directly compare. I bought some a while back, and sold most of them to other dealers to evaluate, and the opinions were mixed. Some loved them, and some were indifferent to them.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
My friend has the same two tanks I have. He has viair 450's, I have thomas 337's. We both have 175 psi switches:evilg:. His tanks fill from dead empty (0 PSI) 5 min faster then mine and i have replaced the exhaust valve 6 times on each compressor in a 7 month span of time, his has been trouble free.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
IRSd_mini said:
That is the 337 that he is asking about.

Matt, I don't have the specs anymore. I thought that the thomas was 46% at 150 psi. I remember that the specs were off a little from viairs, making it hard to directly compare. I bought some a while back, and sold most of them to other dealers to evaluate, and the opinions were mixed. Some loved them, and some were indifferent to them.
no it is rated to go as high as 150 psi but it is rated 46%@ 100 psi

·
NuLowz Customs
739 Posts
got the 450 sitting at the house... havent got it all hooked up but thats what I ordered. Let you know when its hooked up. ha a shitty AIM compressor on my mazda and it was shitty...

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
dB Zac said:
no it is rated to go as high as 150 psi but it is rated 46%@ 100 psi
Yep your right. I just went to thomas' site and checked the specs. It is 46% at 100 psi at 20-something degrees celcious. What I saw that I didn't like was the part that said " maximum intermittent pressure- 150" . Where as Viair list theirs at " max. working pressure- 150".
From looking at the specs, I would go with a 450. And that is also what I have on my own truck :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts