S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NWB
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I aired up today to leave my house and my compressor kicked on like normal. I noticed that it was staying on longer than normal so i pulled over and looked at my tank guage and the pressure wasnt raising. i went back home and took my compressor apart and noticed there was a lot of scoring on the top of the piston and some on the cylinder wall. There were metal shavings stuck to the bottom of the head and to the piston. On the electric motor side there was rusty water type stuff. Could these have anything to do with my problem. The compressor runs but no air gets pushed. Any help would be awsome.

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
What kind of compressor is it seems like a check valve problem

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Now that I think about it. It might have other problems. Im sure it wasn't pumping at all if the piston was scored. See about a rebuild kit or contact aim. You got a warrenty on that comp?

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
Good luck. Hopefully they will take care of you. I know alot of ppl on here have bought stuff from them and complained about them. I've never bought anything from them so idk

·
NWB
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea i am satisfied. i had one mishap with my order but their customer service was good to me. i have heard some pretty crazy things from other people though.

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
Can you take a few pics? I would like to see what went wrong so we can help people in the future with the same or similar problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts