S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Speaks....

4x6 up top, oversized 6.5 in the door.

My favs are Infinity, MB Quart, Polk Audio, and Boston. Watch your mounting depths though, I just did my truck this weekend, and it is shallow.

Cheers,
Russ

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
PisOnCavalier said:
Hey thanx a lot-
Today i'll take a look at what alpine's got:cool:
i use Alpine head units and amplifiers. boston accoustic interiors and JL audio subs.

thats a pretty high end setup too... about the best i've heard come out of a mini in SQ and SQL mixture.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I just ordered a set of Infinity Kappa 603 component set. I read that it comes with trim rings to fit in oversize GM vehicle stock locations. Otherwise you would need to make your own baffles. Not too hard I would think. I'll let you know when I install mine. I was looking at boston acoustic pro or ralley, infinity 605, and mb quart RSD before this deal came along. I've heard some running on deck power and amp. I say go with an amp.

Just go to all the stereo shops you can and listen to what they have. It's best to bring your own cd though, something you listen to mostly. I didn't do that and I know some songs sound better on some speakers. Some salesman put in some 80's crap and maybe it was the music that made them sound bad.

Pick whatever you like. You're going to be the one listening to it. Most of all do your homework. Check out sounddomain.com and see the reviews on the forums.

Good luck:thumbup:
Jay

·
Registered
88 Posts
I am also a diehard Boston man myself. Even though I can get the polk momos through circuit city for cheap as dirt, I had to pay the price for the pro series. I wont put any other mid/high in my ride...until I can afford some rainbow references!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts