S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it looks like I'm heading to New Orleans for the week of August 4th on a company paid business trip. Well, never being there before what places should I check out (if I get the chance - my schedule seems like it's going to be very full)? Any S10F members down there (I'm sure there had to be some)? Sucks that I'm not going during Mardi Gras (I tried, but that was a no-go) and that I'm only there from M-F and not on the weekend - but a trip to New Orleans is a trip to New Orleans. :cool:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Watch out for teh gheys...

Seriously... if you've never been, hit up Bourbon Street... There is always stuff going on there.

Check out the French Market... I've always gone on Saturday or Sunday so I'm not sure if they are open on the weekdays.
Check out Jackson Square

Eat at somewhere that's not a chain. .

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
no longer has a 95
1,883 Posts
i just spent a day in New orleans. I spent a week in Gulfport Mississippi for a mission trip through church.

go to the french quarter and go to bourborn street like they said. I would also go to the riverwalk mall. I hate shopping but we went and had a good time. Its right on the river.

There are still some places in New Orleans that havent been rebuilt yet. There are a lot more outside of the city.

Jackson Square

French Quarter

And where I ate dinner

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I'm on my way back to my little shithole of a state, actually sitting in the airport now watching all the eye candy walk by. :D

This place was AWESOME - I'm looking into transferring down here, all of the guys want me to transfer too. I checked out the French Quarter, went to Bourbon St a few times (Ohhhh the ladies!), a few of the undeveloped areas and a whole bunch of cool places all over. Even spent a night with a cutie (Like they said at the Bourbon Cowboy, what happens in New Orleans stays in Vegas :haha:) .

I have a shit ton of pics, I'll post some up when I get back home and off this shitty airport WiFi.

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Was there for a week, I might end up going back for a month or two for some training (I'm going to be a trainee this time, not a trainer). Might end up transferring from I.T. to service depending on how much I like it.

Only thing that bugs me about the place, is all the exploring I did and there weren't any places to wheel...

·
Wtf is a chop...
559 Posts
I guess your talking about mudding/climbing? There was the spillway, but i dunno about it since they flooded it. But i believe there are places you could go that would be like an hour or so. But it would be mostly mudding and very little climbing. Glad you liked it here, i just lived here my whole life and im kinda of sick of it and ready for a change of scenery. Did you mostly just stay in new orleans or did you go to out of the city?

·
I Rather Be Wheelin'
4,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No mudding for me, mudding's for rednecks. I do trials, exploring, etc (like the pics on my sig link). I stayed mostly in NO city, but ventured out to a few different towns to check out the surrounding areas. If I ever moved down there, I definitely wouldn't live in the city.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts