S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I am looking into selling my 85 s15 with a new motor and clutch and all that to buy a 91 4.3l Jimmy what normally goes on the older 4.3ls I know they are way better and more powerfull then my 2.8l although it is done up.

The Jimmy does not burn any oil or any rod knock or anything donno the milage but it runs good no a/c so what would be my main problems with it besides like normal wear and tear. If I get it will be getting a tuneup soon after just so I know it's all new.

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Whats the mileage, the motors are pretty tough tho.....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i donno forgot to look my buddys mom was looking at it we where both there giving our opinion but she wanted a van more then an suv so i never looked ill have to call the guy on monday

·
Registered
269 Posts
In 204K, mine only needed a PCV valve, a couple tune-ups, a thermostat, and one water pump. The EGR started sticking open several years ago, so I bypassed it. Everything else (belt/hoses/gaskets/etc) is the originals from '91.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well guys the jimmy has 210k kilometers on the odometer so i donno somewhere around 70k miles I think whats your opinion on it looks like its in good shape and runs good.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry my mistake

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Guess it depends upon what he wants for it.....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
600 bucks already told him i want it picking it up next week its runs great till you hit the breaks but its cold and has sat for a couple years so i figure a tune up and for injector cleaner will fix that

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Nice, lettuce know......

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ya man heres a pic of her

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
shes been sitting a wreckers for a few years but has never been touched the whole time and was never writen off so i can get papers for it

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ive got nice 5 spokes the optional smoked ones and all the things to make it look good but my next question is will a 350 throttle body and injectors give me any more performance

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That's what I'm thinking rides better then my truck way more tourqe only thing is how the hell do you guys change the back spark plug on the drivers side I can't even see that damn thing

·
Registered
269 Posts
They are all pretty easy to get to through the wheelwell (move the rubber flap).

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks man im still new to the bigger more compact engine compartment

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
350 TBI is the same IIRC, the injectors are higher flow tho..... The 454 TBI is bigger bore.....

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no problem man um do you know where osoyoos is

ok could i get away with 350 injectors or would it run to ritch

1 - 20 of 27 Posts