S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am posting this for someone who, for some reason, could not get registered here.

"I have a non-Vortec head, 4.3L chevy V6 from a '94 S-10. It has OEM roller lifters, but no balance shaft. I am warming it up during an overhaul for use in my '40 Ford Sedan streetrod. Does anyone know the size of the combustion chambers? 64cc? 76cc? other??
I plan to buy new pistons and want to end up as close to 9:1 as possible so I can still use 93 octane pump gas. I don't want to invest in the pistons until I know the combustion chamber size. It affects the compression ratio nearly one point. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I swapped some Radio Controlled Racing Car stuff for the 4.3L V6 engine. It came from a tired 1994 S-10 pick-up.

I removed a 400 SBC/TH-350 from the 40 Ford. I'm replacing them with the 4.3L and a "beefed" TH200R4. I've already had the non-Vortec heads rebuilt. I used Edelbrock 103 lb valve springs, hardened valve locks and had bronze valve guides installed.

Now I'm building the shortblock. Before I invest in a set of .030" overbore pistons, I was hoping someone would know how many cc's the combustion chambers are on these heads.
I'm not looking for gobs of horsepower, just a reliable piece that makes a little more low-end. I don't want to end up reducing the stock compression ratio and would like to end up in the area of 9.5:1 to 10:1.

These old Fords are light, much less than 3,000 lbs with the 400SBC/TH-350 in it. The car is all original steel and has the stock frame/firewall, etc. The engine compartment was too cramped for the SBC and I did not want to cut the car up (firewall/frame) to make it fit correctly. I just want a reliable cruiser with a little more yank than the stock 4.3L V6.

I've tried several times to get registered for the S-10 Forum. It will not accept any user ID I try to use. I'll keep trying. "

ok guys, help him out

·
Blown ex ***
5,710 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
197 Posts
approx 61.5-64 cc's depending on year and casting variences. The average is about 62cc

·
Registered
422 Posts
What does Mach offer for TBI 4.3 engines.I have a friend who is looking to do some engine upgrades.I hear you are the man when it comes to the 4.3.So I thought I would ask direct.Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tips for a little more power out of the 4.3..
while the motor is out send it to a michine shop and have them deck the block , port and polish the heads shotpeen the rods.
I could go on but I'm lettin go of my secrets

1 - 5 of 5 Posts