S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I searched and searched and couldn't find anything about how to remove the factory column shift knob. does any one know?! Does it have threads or do you have to bust it off?! any help is very appreciated!

·
Open mouth, Insert foot!
312 Posts
According to my 94 Bravada's service manual... It just pulls off it's splines, no threads.

I guess grab and pull. If that doesn't work, you could get a couple pieces of fuel line on the nose of a set of needle nose vise grips. Open the grips up to allow them to slide freely on the shaft below the shifter knob and use them as a slide hammer?

Let us know how it works out.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright sweet! When im waiting on someone or at a red light i sit there and try to twist it off and every time im like :rant: damn is this thing on there tight.. hahahhaa. i'll be trying to get it off soon and let you guys know how it goes! thanks!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright trip.. I ended up just murdering the old knob just to get it off hahaha but its got two set of splines. I got it loose but it just wouldn't slide off, I was using the cressent wrench method. but my new knob looks sick! i'll have to post some pictures of the process, im sure theres others out there that would like to know.

·
Open mouth, Insert foot!
312 Posts
Shit, My old 84 just fell off everytime I put it in reverse! lol

You used a Cresent wrench? I would like to see that.

My dumb friend was trying to pull the knob off his 5 speed Ranger and popped himself in the face! His bloody face was classic! Now you see why I call him my dumb friend! :lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.