S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 131 Posts

·
hatetheblazer
537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking of changing my blazer for a new Colorado...what do you guys think? Worth it?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
they are nice and all, but over-priced. and the inline 5 is def. not quicker than our 4.3 like they claim. I have outran too many of them. but its overall a nice truck, especially if you just want something new that still has some get up.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
NOT WORTH IT IN ANYWAY!! You'd be stupid to trade a blazer for a rado

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
low_s10_4u2nv said:
they are nice and all, but over-priced. and the inline 5 is def. not quicker than our 4.3 like they claim. I have outran too many of them. but its overall a nice truck, especially if you just want something new that still has some get up.
Wanna race? My completly stock Colorado vs. your...what ever you drive?

·
TrailBlazin'
3,397 Posts
lovetheblazer said:
So I'm thinking of changing my blazer for a new Colorado...what do you guys think? Worth it?:rolleyes:
If you get the CrewCab it'll be worth it, but the space trade off isn't really worth it.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
SuperSS27 said:

LOL< I'll run for money in a heartbeat....

Hope you at LEAST have a std cab 5 spd I5 ZQ8 rado......I won't spray, and I'll whoop the shit out of you period....and I have a blazer so its retarded heavy

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
SuperSS27 said:
damn right i would. I have owned too many 'rado's already to have a fear of yours. All I got on my 4.3 5-spd ex cab is true duals, and air intake. Which doesn't even do that much. My friend Jake's 4.3 reg cab is bone stock at the moment and out runs them too. His is also an auto.

·
Registered
654 Posts
if you get one, get the 5spd, you will have better milage and more usable hp.

·
1999 S10 Xtreme
398 Posts
make sure you have enough money for tires also.. my one buddy that works for a gm collision center bought one from there car lot brand new in 2005.. hes on his sixth set of tires... the fronts where on the inside.. real bad... idk if he has a lemon or what.. but theres quite a few thats been like that... also my other buddy is a salesman at a local chev dealer... he says the colorados and avalanches are the most worked on vehicle that they recieve.. im not sure how true or not...

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
its very true....the colorados have a horrible reliability record.....and those engines....an I5.....lol, not nearly what you have now with the 4.3...you can do ANYTHING to a 4.3 and it will ask for more...rados...they break. period

·
Registered
294 Posts
The I5 is a great motor a reg cab will beat a stock s10, they are slow at the start but really get going. I also have a Blazer if the Colorado wasn't so much I would get one.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
J..D said:
The I5 is a great motor a reg cab will beat a stock s10, they are slow at the start but really get going. I also have a Blazer if the Colorado wasn't so much I would get one.

you're wrong....lol...reg cab I5 didn't beat my blazer when they first came out, and they sure as shit wouldn't beat it now

·
Unregistered User
3,591 Posts
should of revamped the 4.3l for the colorado.Imagine a 4.3l w/ cam phasing, or 4 valves per cylinder, dohc. Or even a cust down version of the LS1 ( as opposed to the cut down version of the old 350).

i5 looks good on paper, but its not a good truck engine, imo. My neighbor is a contractor, and has had a lease on s-10s for years. Now that he kinda had to go to the colorado, he hates it.

weak at first... exactly. Not really what you want in a truck engine. You need a grunt.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
A new version of the LS1 minus two cylinders would have been perfect......

Wait a minute....just throw a 4.8 V8 in a redesigned S10 body instead of the crap box they have now and they would have never kept those truck in the lots....instead, rados are basically fodder....no one wants to spend the price of a rado when they can get a better looking V8 fullsize for damn near the same price....and have a better truck!

·
LS6 S10
324 Posts
SummerWolf said:
its very true....the colorados have a horrible reliability record.....and those engines....an I5.....lol, not nearly what you have now with the 4.3...you can do ANYTHING to a 4.3 and it will ask for more...rados...they break. period
I work at a Chevrolet dealership and I can tell you that your post is pure bs. I rarely see any colorado's come in the shop to get work done. The amount of blazers/s10s to colorado's that come in to get work done is about 15to1. This is coming from a guy who's favorite small truck is the first gen s10. So why dont you get off the s10s nuts and accept a truck and motor that is engineered far better the the s10. Serioulsy half the people in here are delusional. I know the colorado/canyon is far greater than my s10, how about you?

1 - 20 of 131 Posts