S-10 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cold air set up for 96 up s10 pics inside finished

FINSIHED PICS BELOW
im going to the track this wednesday so i wanted to do this mod.

here are some before pics ill cut the sheetmetal tomorrow on the body and open it all up.

I have the slp cold air set up so you can see on the pic that i opened it up before because there was metal going down in the middle. So i opened that up then on the outside where the light goes the bottom left tab you can cut threw that one all the way down (for me just far enought to get the air in the box) the other tab on the bottom right will hold he light enough. then you cut to your left. make sure not to cut to high because the light will no be able to go back on. Well here is part 1 with the light off the slp box opened up and the sheetmetal ready to cut. you can see how much the body covers the space up.

i marked what im cuttin on the pics
tony

Attachments

·
Registered
508 Posts
Can you feel a difference after cutting out the section behind the light? I was thinking of doing that. I already made a custom pipe going from the plenum to the filter box. It feels a little more responsive off the line.

·
Snowboardin' Member
155 Posts
Kind of a stupid question, but do you take the headlight out when you go out to the track?? I'm just trying to get some ideas to help when I go to the track (Already got tools in the truck to take out the passanger seat :D)

·
Resident Mechanic
365 Posts
lol you know your running out of mods when you start takin out the seats like import racers :rolleyes:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Tarheel42k said:
(Already got tools in the truck to take out the passanger seat :D)

:troutslap

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Whats wrong with taking the pass seat out? I do it haha. At least its not the door panels and all the carpet. Now kill this thread :)

·
Happy Cows Come From Cali
124 Posts
Damn fool, did you cut that hole with a cheese grater? clean it up lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts