S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rickster
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are two air induction systems I could use. The AirAid system and the K&N FIPK system. Which one is better for performance. The K&N you have to remove/reinstall the maf sensor. The AirAid, it seams you don't.
that one seams easier to install. Is there anything to do with the computer settings? :dunno:

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i think you have to remove/reinstall with the K&N because it also replaces behind the MAF, and i dont believe the AirRaid does, though i could be wrong. mostly, all CAI's give the same *slight* gains, and a lot better throttle response. id get whatever is cheaper.

·
Rickster
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your right. with the K&N, you do have to replace the whole intake, even the piece going to the maf sensor. I don't see the avantage. The AirAid, it looks like only after the maf, and does cost less. The h.p. gain hipe, etc. seems to be the same listed on their sites. :shrug:

·
Kramerica Industries
342 Posts
IMO that big piece of rubber behind the MAF is one of the most restrictive parts of the whole intake setup.

It's not that hard to remove and reinstall the MAF, so don't let that be the basis of your decsion.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Is there any cold air intakes for a 95 with 4.3 tbi other than the k&n stock looking filter cover with no sides?

·
Registered
102 Posts
95silverbullet,

All I did was get a 3" ID shedule 40 PVC sweep guess the angle where it hit the radiator support , cut the small end of the rubber to filter snorkle where the 3" would fit and tie strapped it in place, even enlarged the hole thru the rad supprt a bit too.

All of 30 min to do and helped alot......even without the K&N filter.
Just getting rid of the stock unit from the rad support to the rubber adaptor at filter snorkle will improve alot.

Before mod 0 to 60m was like 15+sec., now its more like
6 to 12..lol.....I wish 6.......13 to 14 would be closer to acurate but you will notice a diff...and you can paint it to match the engine surroundings.Doesn't cost much either.

I have looked also at maybe using a 93 3.8ltr square filter from say a Buick LeSabre and proper size tubing to an either fabricated or picked up at the junk yard piece to fit the TBI...
Havn't had tiome to carouse the junk yards yet.....

·
killin em softly
377 Posts
I just got a Intake system for christmas. It is made by DJ Motorsports. It was very easy to install, took like 15 minutes. It is only from the MAF forward similar to the Airaid. I havent had a chance to drive it since the install cause my truck is clean and i dont want to take it out in the snow til I have to. The DJM is also cheaper than the airaid and you can get it from Summit. I was going to get a K&N kit but I didnt really want to spend all the money and I didnt think it would make a huge difference between the DJM. I will let you know how it goes when I get it out to drive it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts