S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen quite a few people change from drop coils back to stock. Most of the ones I've talked to say it's because they don't like their truck lowered for what they use it for. It just makes me wonder.
Personnally, my first gen Blazer had drop spindles, and one coil cut from springs. Even with the V8 in the truck I never really saw a ride or handling problem in the truck.
My current project, 2nd gen p/u, I'm going with drop spindles and aftermarket 1" drop springs. The truck also has a V8 in it. I'm wondering, will I notice a ride or handling issue? Or am I being just a little paranoid?

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
drop coils will be WAY better than cut coils.

cut coils are a big no no as they are unsafe, and change the spring rate, which will make the ride bouncy.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
drop coils will be WAY better than cut coils.

cut coils are a big no no as they are unsafe, and change the spring rate, which will make the ride bouncy.
Thanks, but I already know what repercussions can arise from cut coils, that was'nt my intention or question. Like I said, I never really noticed a difference in the Blazer I had. I'm wondering why so many guys seem to be removing their aftermarket drop coils and going back to stock.

·
Tech Mod
30,700 Posts
probably because they did not like it, or got the wrong ones maybe, like wrong ones as engine size so they dropped it more.

either way it wont hurt the ride. what hurts the ride is getting a stiffer sway bar or lower profile tires. and what i mean by sway bar hurts the ride quality is when you hit bumps on only one tire you can feel it since the front end is stiffer.

also since you are getting a 1" drop coil you probably wont even notice a difference from stock. but when you get to the 3" drop coil then you would.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks beandip, that puts me a little more at ease. I've already got the drop coils in along with the 2" drop spindles, but have'nt set it back on the floor yet. A lower profile tire won't be going on so I don't have to worry about that aspect. I also did'nt install a stiffer sway bar, all I did was new bushings and endlinks in the factory swaybar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.