S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired my dad's 95 s10. standard cab, 4cyl, manual, shortbox, 2wd. its sitting too high right now. i lowered my 4wd blazer a long time ago but thats completely different in the front end than the 2wds so im not sure whats better. i just want to start out with a 2" or 3" drop for now. i will probably do different leaf springs in the rear. thoughts?

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
for dd, spindles, for track and other fun stuff, coils (with appropriate shocks) and tires obviously

·
Rarely goes over 20mph
3,163 Posts
splindles would be the first to go for.

but new shocks may help your vehicle handle bumps better if the shocks are worn, so if your needing new shocks, might as well go with coils and shocks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im going for price for now so ill probably opt out of shocks for now. its a daily driver too. if i got 2" drop spindles what would i need to do to install them? do it myself or take it to a shop? can you use spindles and coils together if i eventually want to get it really low?

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
well im going for price for now so ill probably opt out of shocks for now. its a daily driver too. if i got 2" drop spindles what would i need to do to install them? do it myself or take it to a shop? can you use spindles and coils together if i eventually want to get it really low?

install them yourself, only other thing you will need is an alignment afterwards. You can install them with just a few simple tools, so no need to take it to a shop and pay them. Yes you can use spindles and coils together, no problems there, just need drop shocks with drop coils.

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f198/drop-spindle-how-to-100292/

1 - 7 of 7 Posts