S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????
im trying to get 2 more inches of lift in the front...i have seen coil spring spacers..anyone know if these are any good?? wat are the pros/cons?? i also considered spindle lift but that is 30X more...also bigger coil spring but that would be the same principle as the spacer.. or i have even seen controller arm lifts... i need your advice to help me here
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????

·
LOL NEON
1,456 Posts
the way springs are designed on s10's spacers dramatically increase the risk of your spring shooting out of the side of your truck, and with thousands of pounds on your springs thats REALLY REALLY bad. (find a pen spring and squeeze it down, when it shoots out to the left or right, thats what your spring will do, times like 100 into other parts on your truck) haha.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
that would happen even if the spacer has slots for the spring?? wouldnt it contain it??
s10jimmi said:
the way springs are designed on s10's spacers dramatically increase the risk of your spring shooting out of the side of your truck, and with thousands of pounds on your springs thats REALLY REALLY bad. (find a pen spring and squeeze it down, when it shoots out to the left or right, thats what your spring will do, times like 100 into other parts on your truck) haha.

·
Registered
488 Posts
nah, a spring is a spring

BOING

SMASH

a grand worth of damage

now think about it.... risk it with a cheepo lift... or save for your spindles.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
some people said that i was fine with the spacer but now it doesn't sound too good...i was also thinkin about getting the bigger spring.. what would happen if i just got the bigger spring??

·
LOL NEON
1,456 Posts
you will probably be fine with a spacer. its probability though. If 9/10 are fine, what if you pay 300 dollars now and save 3000 later when your the 1 that fails?

You would be stranded where it failed, your truck wouldn't be driveable, you would proably need a whole suspension reworked, plus whatever happens to your frame

·
Registered
4 Posts
s10jimmi said:
you will probably be fine with a spacer. its probability though. If 9/10 are fine, what if you pay 300 dollars now and save 3000 later when your the 1 that fails?

You would be stranded where it failed, your truck wouldn't be driveable, you would proably need a whole suspension reworked, plus whatever happens to your frame
Spacers are dangerous to use on an S-10 because the springs are not flat on the ends, but rather the coil wind just kind of stops and a coil spring is made to fit into the lower control arm and spacer on the other hand will not conform to the spring or the lower control arm pocket leaving a large amount of stress on the end of the spring and possibly causing the spring to deform and cause the coil spring to “pop-out” and if you try to use a spacer on the top of the coil spring there is nothing to hold it into place but the weight of the truck. There are people who claim they have used coil spring spacers with no problem and these people have been very fortunate to have not experienced damage to there S-10’s.

·
LOL NEON
1,456 Posts
Red91S10 said:
Spacers are dangerous to use on an S-10 because the springs are not flat on the ends, but rather the coil wind just kind of stops and a coil spring is made to fit into the lower control arm and spacer on the other hand will not conform to the spring or the lower control arm pocket leaving a large amount of stress on the end of the spring and possibly causing the spring to deform and cause the coil spring to “pop-out” and if you try to use a spacer on the top of the coil spring there is nothing to hold it into place but the weight of the truck. There are people who claim they have used coil spring spacers with no problem and these people have been very fortunate to have not experienced damage to there S-10’s.
i wasnt saying i would use one on my truck haha

·
I like boobies
315 Posts
coil spring spacers are bad like those other guys said.

The spring isn't flat on the ends like most other vehicles, it suddenly stops.
My neighbor had spacers on his 92 S10 and he hit a speedbump and the thing shot out on the left side, through someone's yard, and knocked out one of the front windows on their house.
The accident caused his truck to slam down so hard that it bent the frame and he ended up junking it.

He now has a yellow 89 S10 with a nice 350 sittin' in it :)

I've hunted for the best ways for lift, and the coil spring spacer doesn't even have a place in my book. Spindles are the way to go.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
new coil springs with 2" lift?? would that be bad?? Ichecked out what would happen to the upper control arm and it looks like it wont affect it unless i got it bigger then 2"...I think im gonna try to coils springs...but if someone knows anyone sellin some spindles 2" lift that would fit 94 s10 2wd... then let me know

1 - 11 of 11 Posts