S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wired my tach back in the other night and started to back in the driveway, and halfway up it shut off on me. my neighbor helped me cuz the volts were low and while it was sitting there my coil started to smoke... i took the wires completely off the tach and coil and it starts almost perfect now but when i drive or rev it up it feels like more than one cylinder is missing or something. shakes around A LOT and makes a wierd sound, like rubbing, and it jerks around.. so right now i cant drive it and i dont know if any of you heard of this, if it maybe was the tach and it burned it up. any help is appreciated. it seems to be one thing after another and i'm really getting tired of it...

·
Registered
5,065 Posts
:eek:
Can you test the primary and secondary resistance? The coil did smoke so I would say its bad now. Did you use the extra white lead that is for the tach or the one that is for the signal for the ignition? If you look in the harness about 6 inches from the coils plug there may be a connector without any thing hooked to it. It should be the center white wire off the coil plug. That is for a tach.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea i did the coil but the plug in is also burned. this is pretty much the same thread as the code 155 now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts