S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up the truck 4/13.
Plans are to fix it up and daily it while I gather parts for LS swap. Plans are a H/C 5.3 bored to 5.7 or a 6.0 bored .030. I have a set of 243’s that are off getting CNC work done and oversized stainless valves.
Transmission will be an AR5 which I scored one this week for $100 from the local marketplace. Living near Barksdale Air Force base you tend to get parts when guys are given orders to a different base and they are cleaning out their garage. Fab5 kit will get ordered soon with the stage 3 clutch (doesn’t look like a puck style)
Debating on running Holley or some other stand-alone system.
Had it detailed and the windows tinted after fixing the A/C

The good:
Got a great deal.
23.8mpg the only 2 ta
Straight body (maybe only 3 dents total)
Strong engine
Good mileage even if the o2 sensor is bad and seized in the manifold.

Cons:
A/C needed recharge and found the hose assembly needed replacing (fixed day 3)
Exhaust leak and the o2 sensor is stuck in the manifold. (Ordered a header to fix the leak. Cheapo for $109 from DNA.)
Door panels were loose and passenger door lock cylinder was pushed out the handle (easy fix with new panel push pins.
bed was missing a bolt (fixed day 3)
Need new tailgate side hinges. They are extremely loose.
dash bezel broken
Headlights broken on the backside (ordered need set)
Grille old and distorted (new unit ordered)
Have new o2 sensor and gonna swap the spark plugs when I install the header in the next week
Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Boy! Let me tell you about the can of worms I opened the past 3 days! Started out Wednesday night, pulled the a/c compressor, the power steering pump and oil dip stick tube. Was going pretty good but the back 2 lower manifold bolts gave me fits until I went under the truck and I was able to get o get them out a little easier. Got everything off and out the way, I had new spark plugs so started pulling the wires and 2 broke, luckily I was able to get to the parts store before they closed to get new wires. Putting everything back together was going fairly well. I didn’t have the ball flange lined up perfectly so when I started the truck it was leaking worse than before haha. But to add the DNA headers are pretty nice but they didn’t come with washers so the bolts almost go through the ball socket flange. I had washers so I used them to help with that issue, also it didn’t come with a 2-1/4 exhaust clap so I used a worm gear clamp 😅🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏻‍♂️ (Yes I replaced it) I looked at the clutch line and it had over 1-1/2 of room but I think when I push in the clutch it moves downward and of course it melted to the exhaust pipe… Got a new Clutch line, got a new fuel filter, 3 qts of Synchromesh transmission fluid and brake fluid for the clutch. I filled the master after putting the new line on and I gravity filled the line by depressing the salve side open. Once I did that I was pumping the slave up and watching for the bubbles to stop and I would also bleed some out the end of the line to ensure it was bled. In stalled it on the truck and pumped it up. It got pretty firm so I took it for a test drive and ran great! Pull back in and left it running and was talking to a buddy and was telling him I finally got the better if this damn truck. And this damn truck got the best of me again! The water pump started pouring fluid! So here I am tonight, letting it cool down and I’ll be replacing it next! Looks pretty easy to do from the bottom so I’m gonna try that way! Hopefully 🙏🏻 the last of the worms are dead 🤣! The grille and headlights went in without a hiccup, ordered a set up LED hi/lows! I’ll take pictures of the front end tomorrow if this thing is finally done fighting me lol
Head Eye Wood Art Sculpture

Bird Window Wood Font Electric blue

Motor vehicle Hood Shipping box Bumper Wood

Sky Tire Automotive tail & brake light Hood Car

Watch Automotive lighting Hood Automotive parking light Motor vehicle

Watch Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design

Automotive design Motor vehicle Composite material Automotive exterior Auto part

Sleeve Wood Hood Bicycle part Jewellery

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture of everything out the way, and I was about to swap the plug wires Excuse the custom Allen wrench vacuum plug lol The air pump was deleted and that was the vacuum line that ran to it. I just haven’t put a cap over it… That wasn’t my handy work!
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive fuel system Automotive design Automotive lighting

·
time to get cereal
6,686 Posts
It isn't that hard to reinstall the air pump. Mine doesn't have power steering but still has the air pump.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim Auto part

Reactions: CodyG

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Something is wrong. Have you adjusted them yet?
Yesterday morning I noticed the beams were crossed, I couldn't tell that with the cheap bulbs until I drove through some fog. I have adjusted them and the look like they should. I also ordered better bulbs which I put in. I went ahead and ordered the 4/hi kit so it would be a cleaner install and cut the confusion from some of the other post on the forum.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts