S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'95 S10, 2.2L, 110K miles, getting the SES light on the highway, code is 32 for EGR Vacuum Control. Also just failed for NOX on the Texas state emissions test.

Looking for input on resolving this. Is this code easily resolved on your own? Can anyone give me some basic tips on what and how to replace? Need to replace the whole EGR or just some vacuum line(s)?

I'm not too mechanically inclined so let me know if I'm better served having this done by a pro.

Thanks
Brett

·
Registered
355 Posts
I'm not sure about the exact code i know someone will be along in a few and know but too me it looks like either your vacuum lines are cracked but i never seen them throw a code before or your EGR is glogged or going bad. If you look to the back of the engine closest to the cab by the firewall there is a oval shaped black thing held be 2 screws and wires coming out of the top. try to take off the screws and clean the sensor in there. or you might need to repleace it which is just a simple plug&play type install except those EGR vavles cost like $115+ i think.

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
I agree it sounds liek your EGR is either gummed up or broken, you may want to just replace it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts