S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
slow and low
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just went to start my truck after it had been sitting a while and the clutch pedal wouldnt depress at all. i started it using the bypass button and it ran great but the clutch will not budge. before i parked it last summer i replaced the clutch and it ran fine. (i drove it afetr replacement and ran fine) but i didnt bleed the clutch or replace anything other than the clutch. also while it is running i can move the shifter easily into any gear although it wont drive. it idles nicely.
any idea why the clutch would be like this?

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
-Dan

·
slow and low
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes it has fluid not hydraulic fluid, it's the recommended dot 3 brake fluid

·
Registered
67 Posts
2.5LO said:
i just went to start my truck after it had been sitting a while and the clutch pedal wouldnt depress at all. i started it using the bypass button and it ran great but the clutch will not budge. before i parked it last summer i replaced the clutch and it ran fine. (i drove it afetr replacement and ran fine) but i didnt bleed the clutch or replace anything other than the clutch. also while it is running i can move the shifter easily into any gear although it wont drive. it idles nicely.
any idea why the clutch would be like this?

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance
-Dan
Open the bleed screw at the clutch slave cylinder. If you can shift while the engine is running, the clutch pressure plate ( clutch cover) is depressed.

The clutch release lever and throw out bearing (release bearing) and slave cylinder is a good place to start. After you bleed the slave cylinder and you still have the clutch in the release position, you need to check ALL clutch components.

That's the name of that tune !

·
slow and low
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when i get a chance i'll check all the components that don't involve removing the transmission, as i really do not enjoy the procedure...i havn't gotten a chance to get under it yet and really investigate the situation. the slave cylinder is where i will start.. thanks for the input.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts