S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody, i have a problem. back in october i swapped out sbc's and when i bolted back together, i had no clutch. i use a stock master cylinder design that has worked for 5 years now. its got to be in the cylinders but i have bled and bled and bled, my neighbor, who owns the biggest service center around, has bled and bled and bled the clutch and still no throw!! any ideas? oh yeah i ve also replaced both top and bottom cylinders---twice!!and no go. thanks

Sean

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Since you swapped the motor out and it probably sits in a different location or the whole change has relocated everything, does it have the proper length needed to disengage it? I have a hunch that if its moving , its not long enough to work.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i have used the exact same system for 5 years, i swapped out a 283 in favor of a 355, reconnected the system, multiple bleeding attempts and nothing!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Does the slave cylinder rod even make and attempt to move at all? What fluid are you using? There's too may things that possibly come to mind without seeing it. I would take off the tranny and see if it activates then, there is a chance when you put it together the throw out fork came off its pivot, or the throw bearing jammed. To hard to tell, if you changed both the master and slave and the master is pumping fluid, the slave moves or tries it has to be in the bellhousing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thanks for the reply. thats a good point and i checked that. the fork isnt bent; the throwout bearing is functioning. i took a big crow bar a pryed it back, thinking the same thing(something wrong in the bell housing ball, clutch fork, etc). but it moves back and forth slicker than glass. the 4 months of fooling around with the cylinders has produced about an inch of throw from the slave cylinder. so i really feel like there is air or malfunction in one of the two or both cylinders, yet i have replaced them both twice and bled the stuffing out of the clutch and have come up with an inch!!i dont know--frustrated. it sucks too, this motor is not getting the proper break in cause i cant drive it. i tell ya what though sounds like its going to be mean, my 355 ported double hump 2.02 heads, 10:25:1 comp., 268xe cam, headders, all the good stuff exhaling through 40 series flowmasters. yee haw. wish me luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts