S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im still having problems w/ my clutch being stickey after long rides w/ no shifting.(any thought) but i also noticed a noise when the clutch is disengaged but when i push it in the noise dissapears. the noise kinda sounds like a belt or something turning, not squeeling (nothing bad just a noise) is that normal?

·
Hey kids!
3,219 Posts
i dont know about the stiffness. but mine feel stiff to after long rides, but i think its cuz im not used to using it when im on the highway.

that noise you hear is the throw out bearing. i had that problem with my old clutch. and i got a brand new LUK clutch(the best) and i still have that noise. i think its common really.

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
I had that squealing noise it turned out the throw out bearing was in about 5 different pieces. Got a new one and it's really quiet.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
is it gonna harm anything by not changing it? or is that something that needs to be replaced. also is this something that needs to be taken to a mechanic or is it relatively simple?

this is my first time playing w/ a manual...

·
registered to your mom
130 Posts
Yeah, after I came back from Va beach, I noticed that the clutch pedal was stiff. It also made noise. I don't think it's the throw out bearing. It could be that the pedal needs a little grease...?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts