S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
LoW - TX Chapter
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today's drive home from work was rather interesting. Clutch pedal had no "feedback" and I could not get it in gear. Only after pumping the clutch 6-8 times was I able to get it in first gear and get going. Every shift into each gear was sometimes normal or sometimes a little harder. This got tiring and boring pretty quick with all the stop and go's. Finally get it home to check it out and there is NO clutch burning smell. :dunno:

I was talkin to B'BallZ today after I got home from work. We "diagnosed" my truck over the net. Clutch resevoir has fluid in it, so he's suggesting it might be the slave cylinder and that it is notorious for going out.

I'm just wondering who here has had either their slave or master cylinder for their clutch go out?

·
Registered
697 Posts
i said it might be. i said when mine went the reservoir was empty and thats how i knew it was the slave cyl.

Edit* Besides everyone here knowes I'm just a know it all. :evilg:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I had my master cylinder go out.....it made my clutch have varying positions of grab, and eventually it just went out while driving. It made my pressure plate and clutch disk not separate, frying them both and I had to replace the whole shebang.....get that shit checked out ASAP and don't drive on it unless you want a good excuse to replace it with the centerforce.

Caleb

·
LoW - TX Chapter
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, the positions of grab is usually high on the clutch but today it was really low. Im gonna get it checked out tomorrow morning at my friends shop 2 miles away :thumbup:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Slave cylinder

I own a 94 noma. Its go the 2.2 and its a 5 speed. After a good while of stop and go traffic, my clutch starts to make a squeeking noise when I let out. I have been told that it is my slave cylinder. Oh, my truck also has 131000 miles on it:twiggss:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I know exactly what your problem is. Its the slave cylinder, that same thing happened to my 98 last year. Its about an $70 part but you have to pull the trans off to get to it just like if you were changing a clutch. My advice to you is when you buy the slave cylinder buy a clutch too, you might as well chnge both while you have it a part. Good luck

·
LoW - TX Chapter
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
TNT said:
I know exactly what your problem is. Its the slave cylinder, that same thing happened to my 98 last year. Its about an $70 part but you have to pull the trans off to get to it just like if you were changing a clutch. My advice to you is when you buy the slave cylinder buy a clutch too, you might as well chnge both while you have it a part. Good luck
yea, the slave is in the bellhousing...so might as well do the clutch too
:)

and Sprayin, go get it checked out.

·
-------------------------
1,675 Posts
changing the slave cylinder is a pain in the azz. and if you don't do it, expect a shop to charge 1000 for it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts