S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know there are pics and some help on here somewhere but i cant find them now, can some1 help me out? its for a 00

·
Dump em' Out
5,502 Posts
its a pain in the ass to get it working right. im messing with mine now, you can move it up some and make a filler plate that is angled to it moves it up but you cant use an extreme angle or it wont work right, you need to play with it until you can get it to where it will work properly. if you have the truck apart and are decent at fabbing shit up...go with nigels old setup and run it in the cowl hidden and out of the way of the wheels.

·
Registered
33 Posts
i moved mine up a couple of inches and angled it back about half an inch, and moved the clutch pedal up and inch and a half above the lever hook up works great

·
Justin Case
7 Posts
lowgmc said:
and it clears the 20s no problem, its close but what isnt when you bd a truck
do you by chance have pics of your setup?? im in the middle of b/ding mine and wanna set it up for 20s at the same time......

·
Registered
33 Posts
minimazda_93 said:
do you by chance have pics of your setup?? im in the middle of b/ding mine and wanna set it up for 20s at the same time......
i currently dont have any pics to post, its pretty easy though. what i did was tub out the fire wall (cut and tubbed all the way to the post) you dont need to go that far. the top of the tub sits 4 inches under the cowl. take your bracket or mount cut quarter of an inch all the way around from the opening. cut the hole right above the tub and set the mount on the tub, tack it and move it backabout a quarter to a half inch. the clutch pedal may need to be modified for distance and binding problems. thats it. if i can get some pics posted i will.

·
Registered
73 Posts
im moving mine up enough to clear my wheels, i am running 18's with a 40 series tire. I didnt have to move or replace my brake booster, it doenst hit at all, i have almost an inch of clearance. but i need to know how to modify the bar from the pedal up to the new mounting place. someone told me to Z the bar but what can i use to add to the bar in the Z??

·
Registered
33 Posts
i measured half an inch from the mounting stub(what ever the hell its called). from that point i cut out an inch and a half then tacked the bottom to the top that is now an inch and half shorter. werks perfect. of course you may not need to go that high. you just need to mock everything up. i found it a lot easier to do with the firewall cut for the tubs, so you can see to the inside of the cab where the pedals mount up. position the clutch master where you think it wont hit (mock up of course no tacks or mounting plates yet) then youll see where you need to modify. ill try to get some pics asap.

also im runnig a 255/35-20

·
Registered
73 Posts
thanks, ill look at it tomorow morning to see what my options are, you actually recessed you cylinded in the firewall? or moved it up? becasue i am being told that i need to make a z in the rod to go up to my new mounting on the firewall so that it is straight in line with the clutch cylinder when you push the petal in.

·
Registered
33 Posts
the top of the new mounting bracket is recessed, and its moved up too. but only the top is recessed. tm gonna try to get some pics tonight.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts