S-10 Forum banner

Clutch acting wierd

798 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Justin 
#1 ·
Hey guys its doing it again, i bled my clutch line because i lost all pressure about a week ago and it was great, all the way up until today. When i go out in the morning and start the truck up, sometimes theres no pressure when i push the clutch in but after awhile of warming up there is pressure and its good for the rest of the day....but now its done it again. Im not sure how to tell if a slave or master cylinder is bad but does anyone know how to check these? I havnt spotted any leaks either. Can someone tell me if the slave cylinder is on the transmission right below the bleeder valve? its a 96 S10 with the 2.2 5 speed. Thanks guys

#2 ·
your slave cylinder is inside the bellhousing. thats what pushes the teeth on the pressure plate to engage and disengage the clutch plate. at least thats how it is on my 97 2.2l 5 speed.

i assume you checked your fluid level

there are two possibliles,
1. Leak in the clutch hydraulic system. Check the master clinder, slace cylinder and lines.
2. Clutch plate warped or damaged.<--- most likely the problem

This is straight from the Haynes Repair Manual. I hope you are mechanically inclined cause a shop will charge $1000 easy to replace a clutch. And it is a bi*ch to take out.

Hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.