S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 98 S-10 ZQ8 that is an auto w/o tach cluster. Well I found a 98 2.2 auto with tach on ebay. So I bought it and well of course the mileage is different. How do I reconcil the mileage between the two, its about a 50k more miles than mine has on it. How much does it cost to have done at a dealer and are they willing to do it? Or is thee something I could do to do that. I do have and ODB-II reader for my laptop. I plan on keeping the truck forever so getting it fixed isn't a concern, it would just be nice to have it correct.

·
Old School Member
12,166 Posts
50 isn't bad... but i think its bullshit that with all the technology and computers and shit at the dealership that they cant hook it up right there and re-calibrate it

when i bought my tach cluster it had about 5K more miles than my truck... so i just waited untill my truck reached that mileage then put it in... so im all accurate

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dosta_customz said:
I got mine done at the Chevy place. They send it off and it cost me $50.
Chevy garage? So do I have to do without my cluster for a period of time?

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is there mileage saved anywhere else in the computer aside from the cluster?

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The place I found charges $225 to do the change. Do you know how to change it?, PM me.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Theres lots of ways to change, my asshole dad, excuse me, but he took a took pick, glued on a padding on the end, and just moved the numbers himself, did good job. But my dad can go to hell.

·
The Heezy To The Skeezy
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is a digital cluster not the older ones you can physically change.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts