S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
The Newf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So I drove my new project home last night and there is this loud clunking noise. It sounds like it is coming from in between the transfer case to the rear end area. It kinda sounds like if you were to tap a pipe off of another one.

Here is the thing. It only happens when I have my foot on the gas. And the faster I am going the faster the noise is. I could be going 60mph and if I take my foot off of the gas it stops.

I think it may be the u-joints but am unsure cause I grabbed the driveshaft and it doesn't feel that loose.

Any ideas guys????

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
I would say u joints. they sometimes are hard to tell just testing by hand.

unless there is something wrong in the rear.

·
Registered
821 Posts
i had the same problem on my truck, from your description it is the same problem. i brought my truck in to the shop cuz i was unsure, and they changed the rear u joint and that fixed it.:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
mine did the ame thing and i had to have the u joints re done . i also heard that the S10 have alot of problems with u joints .

·
The Newf
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well since I already have all the u-joints anyway (they came with the truck)I'm going to swap all of them when my add-a-leaf kit shows up next week. I hope that is the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts