S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm seriously considering building a cabinet that will go in the extended cab of my truck which would cover most of the floor area. Especially since the local stero shop wants $700 for one that size. The only thing holding me up is where to find matching cloth to cover the box. I've got a charcoal gray interior and would like to match the carpet exactly or as close as possible.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Check an auto upholstery shop. There should be one in your town somewhere, a place where people who restore cars go to. After much searching, a found a place here that has every color and grain of vynil you can think of, and more choices than I've ever seen for carpet. It's the kind of place that sells headliner material, auto carpet/vynil, boat carpet/vynil and those types of things.

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now if I actually lived in a town that had something like that... Good idea, but I'm outer BFE. Was hoping for an Internet source. Thanks anyway.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Select Products is the absolute biggest ripoff ever. Online it's very tough to get any kind of carpet or vynil...there are so many shades of "gray" or "tan" that it's impossible to get a correct match. Good luck though. One last thing, make sure you get completely unbacked carpet, stretches around corners well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts