S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock suspension on my '99 2.2. I was wondering if I went up to 235/60/16 from 205/75/15, would I have a clearance problems? I plan to lower it sometime in the not-so-near future. I was just wondering if lowering would help, or if it would not matter
Thanks for the help,
bigman1:thumbup:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
whats the rim width? if it is 16x8s with 235/60s you should be good to go! as far as lowering goes... DO IT! it helps handling, and, well, looks damn good too! a 3/4 drop is enough to look good and still function well as a daily driver, as long as you have the bump stops and brackets cut out of the back. :thumbup:

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mighty,
I plan to go with 16x8 centerlines of some sort, but don't have the funds yet. Same problem with the lowering. I plan to do most of that my self, but have not found the time or the money. Also, what is the backspacing I would need. I don't know the factory specs, but with 16x8 factory spacing should not hurt right
thanks
bigman1

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i was told when i got wheels to get a bs of 4.5" as for those tires they're be smaller in height witch will make up for the the width....unless your going from a 15" wheel to a 16" but you wont have any problems even then....but when you lower it, it might be a different story how much you gonna lower it? and is it a zq8 or no?...i have stock 235/55/16 with a 2/3 drop over the zq8 so a total of 3.5/4.5 i guess plus i have fender flare cuz of the xtreme package so i had to trim them up a little and i dont have any problems at all.....ps make sure you cut the bump brackets off and bend the brake line out of the way....MUCH better ride..thats if you lower it that far

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CynicX,
I plan to lower at max 2/3 because the area in which I live would be hell on my kidneys if I went any lower. It is just a stock 2.2, no zq8. You say a 4.5" bs would work, but what about offset. I won't be slamming it, so what would you recommend?
thanks for the help
bigman1

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well i'm definately no expert on the sub so make sure that 4.5 bs is right and i'm not gonna tell ya a number on offset because i'm not 100% positive.....but with a 2/3 drop on a reg s-10 i'd say you'd be fine with those tires....

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
when your gonna buy wheels just talk to the sales person or tech or whatever that dude calls himself....guy i talked to from sportruck.com (Jeff) knew his $hit and knew all the specs i needed and what would fit even since my truck was lowered....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.