S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
5.7L Vortec V8
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok after I saw the airride truck tank. I thought it was awesome. So I've been designing something similar.

With my experience at the shop and home.. air compressors are not a clean item. You notice that in a clear water seperator some times the water/glass is kinda nasty looking.

I am now leaning away from the tank idea because I don't want to have to rip it apart every day.

The truck will be mainly drivin in the warmer months in NY. If I put a water seperator between the compressor and the tank will I have problems? I mean I know I'll get some water but is it just going to look plain ugly?

I just want something different other than the same plain jane tank. If all else fails I make some sorta billet thank I guess.

·
Alsek Spring & Fab Ltd.
1,230 Posts
I think it would get all nasty pretty quick. Then you gotta take it all apart and clean it. Plus it would be a little tricky to get it totally leakproof.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Might wanna talk to tony about how exactly they made that tank, because I think you are thinking its a lot less complex than it really is.

·
5.7L Vortec V8
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
SlammedDime said:
Might wanna talk to tony about how exactly they made that tank, because I think you are thinking its a lot less complex than it really is.
Thanks for the tip. I woudn't have copied their tank.. I had it planned out and I understand how to make it work. I have access to a machine shop if I needed it. But I think the clear tank is a bad idea due to the dirtiness.. I'll keep you guys posted if I make something else different.. Warren

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
id run liek 2-3 water seperators inline to make sure u get everything but also like said above id run nothing but gas wether its c01 or nitro gen or even compressed oxygen something with low moisture content...

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
i'd say you could try using air/oil separators. use what people use for painting... although i'm not sure if it'll work with the pressure. there are many types of separators and filters, you'd just have to think of automotive painting. your price will go up too, but just some more thoughts.

·
5.7L Vortec V8
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
RacerXS10 said:
i'd say you could try using air/oil separators. use what people use for painting... although i'm not sure if it'll work with the pressure. there are many types of separators and filters, you'd just have to think of automotive painting. your price will go up too, but just some more thoughts.
Yeah.. It's not like I'd be resellig it though so as long as it woudn't cost me my arm and leg.. But even if I did but the seperators on.. I am thinking that mositure will still physically develop in just the tank right? I'll have to contact tony and see how theres is holding up.. otherwise aluminum tank..

·
Audi Tech
2,485 Posts
i understand if your doing it for you. hell if your gonna start showing.... have a show tank. i'm wondering, if you use a better filter or air dryer if you would have as many problems. one thing is, your not going to have metal in the tank to react to the water. my water separator on my compressor at home isn't really too bad after years and years of use. it might have discolored some, but we have a lot of moisture around us. but aluminum is very nice as well, steps up the bling facotor espcially if you throw a fuel cell in.... :clap: oh and check your pm's

1 - 20 of 20 Posts