:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
hmm i gotta try that

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
:confused: what is brake dust? is it something that has to do with the brakes?:idea: ohhhh that stuff that gets on the wheels, yeah ok....last time i had that prob was 10 months ago. man i cant believe its been that long uhhhhhh:bash: i cant wait to get this motor in:)

anyhow, good idea with the wax, i'll have to try that when i roll out

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
well putting wax/polish on the wheels makes the dust come off alot easier but attracts the dust to stick to it alot faster....static or some $hit..... :)

·
littleX10
70 Posts
I did'nt want to start a new post for this question. But chose a wheel post for it. Anywho my X was repaired by Chevy shop a couple months ago. Looks awesome as new everywhere except rims mounted right(repaired side). Which caught Summit White overspray not noticed by anyone except me. I keep this thing like a climate controlled garage Ferrari owner keeps his autos. But the overspray should be removed by which following method? MEK, alcohol, paint thinner, aluminum wool, steel wool. Which is best on a light paint overspray on stock X wheels?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Take it back to the shop. They got the over spray on it, let them get it off. I am thinking paint thinner. But isn't there some kind of clear coat on the rims?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Try the new meguirs or mothers clay bar system. It took paint overspray off my old s-10. It might work on your wheels. I took it right off my old s-10 no work at all....

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
Indigo Xtreme said:
Try the new meguirs or mothers clay bar system. It took paint overspray off my old s-10. It might work on your wheels. I took it right off my old s-10 no work at all....
i aggree with indigo...thats probably your best and safest bet.....

·
LICK MY SS
48 Posts
try spray and wax anti-static stuff on the wheels it helps a lot i am an auto detailer and thats what i always use on mine. and for the over spray use bug and tar remover from any auto zone. i got over spray on my wheels when i painted the calipers and drums and it took it right off

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
they make some sort of anti-static stuff? whats it called?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts