S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
it depends on how bad of a sag and the location....also depends if there is enough clear around it or you might sand through

i use a file then 400 dry then 600 wet then 1000/2000/3000 wet then buff

·
your opinion sucks
2,890 Posts
it depends on how bad of a sag and the location....also depends if there is enough clear around it or you might sand through

You should let the clear dry completely before trying to sand the run.

400 dry?? How big are the runs you put in clear? May as well use a weed wacker.:p

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
You should let the clear dry completely before trying to sand the run.

400 dry?? How big are the runs you put in clear? May as well use a weed wacker.:p

if i run it...i curtain it:haha: it's usually low because the floor is so cool and i don't have heat:rant:

·
stone the crow...
3,251 Posts
If i catch a run while i am painting something i grab a roll of 3/4" tape then tear off a chunk. The i make the take taunt between my fingers, then lay in on top of the run and lift off the tape. It make take a couple of tries but if its your first coat of clear you can usually almost fill it with the second and if not it sands out real easy. Other than that its a razor blade or 1000 on a peice of a paint stick.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

ill have to remember to pick up a file im sure ill get a big run sooner or later =(

·
Custom Painter
1,873 Posts
if i run it...i curtain it:haha: it's usually low because the floor is so cool and i don't have heat:rant:
what a puss. half the time i run the run with more clear right off the panel! lol its worked before, and saved my ass a couple times on the rhinos. i went a little heavy on a rhino i painted a month ago, left a foot long curtain, said ahh **** that, flowed it right off the hood, the next day there was no evidence. just make sure to run ur finger down the bottom of the piece were the clear builds up as it dpours off the panel.

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
what a puss. half the time i run the run with more clear right off the panel! lol its worked before, and saved my ass a couple times on the rhinos. i went a little heavy on a rhino i painted a month ago, left a foot long curtain, said ahh **** that, flowed it right off the hood, the next day there was no evidence. just make sure to run ur finger down the bottom of the piece were the clear builds up as it dpours off the panel.
i've done the same plenty of times......it only works if you catch it in time......

·
Heavy Metal Body Man
5,363 Posts
i've done the same plenty of times......it only works if you catch it in time......
im guilty of the same, works good if its near the edge on a verticle/near verticle panel ... otherwise dont bother or youll have a mess on your hands

1 - 12 of 12 Posts