S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Joe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best way and procedure to clean the injectors on an 01 2.2L? i've been getting pretty poor gas mileage with my truck for a while now and its killing me for it to be a 4 cylinder. i replaced the vacuum line that runs from the throttle to the t on the drivers side and also the shorter vacuum hose that goes from the other side of that t to the fender. i've got a quart bottle of lucas injector cleaner and a new set of ACDelco spark plugs that i bought today but i didn't know if i should run the cleaner through it first and then install the plugs or what :dunno: i just want to try and clean it out good and maybe improve my mileage some. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
what is bad mileage? when you changed tires to 17's is that tire taller than stock and if so did you correct it in the ecm?never heard anything about lucas cleaner,but i'm sure it's ok just that most people here recommend seafoam.un hook pwr booster vac line while motor is running let that hose suck in about 1/3 of bottle shut off wait 1hr restart with hose connected back to booster run til smoke goes away then change plugs afterward.

·
Joe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 17's are taller than my stock ones. they were 15's. how do u change the ecm and what effect does it have on the truck if i do change it?

·
Joe
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats what i was wondering?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.