S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
omg i think im gonna pass out:bowdown: what did u spend in that motor? if u dont mind me askin

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cost dont matter

when you have been takin over from the speed demons:scary: :scary: :scary: seriously about 5 grand and another 2 in the trans.I have around 25,000 in the whole truck and done all the work myself.

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
Re: cost dont matter

rick said:
when you have been takin over from the speed demons:scary: :scary: :scary: seriously about 5 grand and another 2 in the trans.I have around 25,000 in the whole truck and done all the work myself.
thats great!..with my truck all the work has been done myself too. its such a good thing to know first hand what ur s-10 is made up of..and now that i have done this, i can be further assistance to the guys here on the forum.. as far as the motor/trans is conserned im at that stage now. and i know my options for what setups i can do, just not exact on what one..

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
pics and numbers

Around 425 hp give or take a few,about the same torque.The VHT chevy orange paint is worth at least 10hp(LOL).Thanks for the compliment Pewter,but I wont be big headed enough to take those honors with all these other fine trucks on the site.I will post some pics of the charger,its a friend of mine,he does my painting and I fix his engines,its a good trade off.The charger is matching numbers rt with a haul butt 440.we have to much respect for each other to race so dont ask.

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
Hey man great....everything..lol....I'm Glad to see another Edelbrock man ;) gotta love edelbrock heads they work magic and the carbs help too!

·
Twisted Inc.
414 Posts
How many cubic inches is that bad boy?

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stroken

383 ci.,had it on the chassis dyno with an air gap and 750 carb last year and done 350 hp to the rear wheels,the 2x4s will probally cost me a few hp but they look like a 100 more!,I am using an electric power steering set-up this year and went to electric fans ,so it may equal itself out.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts