S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin to buy one off a buddy of mine for really cheap, 350 with in-dash unit, "brain" thingy, and dvd player. Only problem is the motor has gone bad and no longer tilts or folds away, is there a cheap way to fix this or is it best to have professionals take care of that?

Basically, how do these things hold up and will i be able to use my ipod with it? i currently use my ipod on my sony headunit by two aux inputs on the back and the headphone jack on the ipod, will i be able to use the same style setup, but hooking the ipod up to the aux inputs on the "brain"?

Also how hard is it to install one of these compared to a regular headunit which i have no problem doing? i know its gonna be a bit more difficult especially wiring up the brain and dvd player, but what can i expect?

Any other comments on this unit is welcome:D

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
i would hate to say it but i wouldnt buy it from him. You can go on ebay and get the newest one from clarion that is ipod capable (some even come with the cable) for like 750 or so. As for to install them its not too hard just have to put the "brain" somewhere and run the wires. there is only like 2 or 3 more wires than a regular radio.

·
3 crazy projects!!he,he
1,665 Posts
I would not buy it. I bought the same one used 925vrx and it lasted for two months and the sound went away , and its in the brain.Save up more money and buy your self a new one!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well im probably gonna buy it, hes never had any "serious" problems for the few years hes had it, plus i dont have the cash to buy a really nice one. I never looked into these kinda things before, but i felt this was a good deal for something kinda different. Is the brain small enough to hide behind the dash? I don't have heater controls in the normal spot, i have my air gauges so if that makes any difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts