S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just bought one of these 1/2 din clarions and will be installing it in my dash kit below my alpine cda 7875.

Anybody got one of these ? If so tell me all about it !

I am wiring the dash speakers to the head unit the doors will be amped and the sub of course will be amped.
What i want to know is since i have dash speakers wired direct to the head unit but my door speakers wired via pre amp outs can i take and put this clarion on one of the unused rear speaker channels on the head unit ??? left or right it doesnt matter.....

I would think so but please ye of great knowledge let me know
THANKS ALL!

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
that...is a stupid place to put a speaker. id put it on one of the front speaker lines, cuz the back are supposed to handle bass, and the front is the mids and higs stage, and i dont think that thing can handle any bass...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I dont know about that muddy here is some more info on it read it then tell me if you think it will handle mid bass.....

five 3/4" full-range speakers
two 1" midbass speakers (isolated internally) with front ports
speakers handle 25 watts RMS/50 watts peak power
amplifier produces 25 watts RMS/50 watts peak
frequency response 200-29,000 Hz
signal-to-noise ratio 70 dB
RCA line level input
variable output level control

It has 7 damn tiny speakers in it!

What ya think?

It comes with a amp(25w rms) but i wont be using it as my head unit is 27w rms a channel

·
12,507 Posts
25 watts. ehm....you were saying bass? not with 25 watts. do you have a link or w/e to the website you got it from? if that is designed to fit in a 1/2 DIN hole, think of how tiny the magnets in there are - do YOU think they can make bass? hells no.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just google srk5 speaker you get all the info

·
12,507 Posts
ok....dude...its for mobile entertainment systems. for the guys with LCD screens and Xboxes. not for systems. ah well....id put it on the front lines.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
25 watts. ehm....you were saying bass?

So your saying you dont think it could handle a rear channel of my head unit because of extra bass made by the rear channels output?? I didnt notice much bass in my rear speakers today(stock in the back of ext cab)... I thought i have all one leveled max frequency output on all 4 channels according to what i set the crossover at on the head unit....?And my sub is a whole nother story with its own kingdom within my head unit LOL
But i am pretty new to car audio/stereos thats why im asking.

·
12,507 Posts
no, i mean i think it would sound cleaner on the front lines, because those are designed to play the mids and highs, and that little speaker thing is designed to play mids and highs, too. if you put it on the back, then it will be getting differenr frequencies *i believe*. i dunno about xcabs, but i know my door speakers were playing the bass, and the dash speakers were playing mids and highs.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So should i just splice into one of the lines on the dash speakers ??? Cause i dont wanna only have one kappa plate running with a center speaker thats lame.

If i do splice will i loose some umph?
Will i loose some sound quality?

I just wanted something to fill that damn hole in my dash kit and with the head unit i have i dont have a need for seperate EQ
to fill that hole.Not to many other options....

·
12,507 Posts
the center speakers would be getting the same stuff to play as the kappas. i dont think its going to result in a loss of power, and if they arent already amped, you'll probably never notice; when ive spliced speakers in, never experienced a loss of clarity.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
" think of how tiny the magnets in there are - do YOU think they can make bass? hells no."

Im not saying that it could make bass my man what i am asking is... can it handle the frequency of the rear channel on the head unit?....... not if they can turn it into bass thats common sense.....

I would think it could handle it but like i said i have no real past doings with car audio or this exact speaker that is why im asking

·
Picture goes here \/
673 Posts
it shoudl be able ot handle it..but it is deigned to be run independantly with a 5.1 system.. its not wortht he time and trouble to use without

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well what else do you put in that damn thing.....?
It is better than just a hole in my dash!Dont ya think?

Well i already bought it got a great deal anybody want the amp that comes with it?I wont be using it.

So the best thing to do is run it on a rear head unit channel correct?

Thanks for the replies fellas!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
I was gonna use the rear preamp for my doors and the sub pre amp for my sub..........
So just use the front preamp for the center console speaker and run the dash plates of the headunit?

Why would i use the amp that comes with if it is only 25 watts rms and my alpine head unit is 27 watts rms a channel???
What is the reason for using that amp?????

To me its just more work and its not easy finding a spot for another amp.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
How do you plan to hook up 3 speakers to 2 channels? Your HU might not like running at less than 4 ohms

What ya mean by that ?Im new to car audio so all i have is my common sense...

OK example ...i am running my 6.5's on my middle preamp out
if i run this center speaker of my direct rear headunit channels this will reduce the ohms of my headunit?????

Also would this would be running 3 speakers on 2 channels???

One more thing what is THD?

Sorry if i seem lost I AM!

LOL
THANKS AGAIN BRO!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sell the center channel, because it wont sound good unless you have a 5.1 setup

Not gonna sell it i need something for that blasted hole in the dash kit so why not go this route.....

I dont understand why it wont sound good...
It might not be surround but it shouldnt sound bad i wouldnt think. Just cause it isnt used or doesnt sound like it was intended doesnt mean it will be BAD sounding.
Its just another high/mid speaker right...

So in the long run i would think my volume/treble would not have to be turned up as much at all but this is just me trying to use common sense with no previous knowledge on the subject of course.

So it will sound the cleanest with the amp it comes with?

THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP

1 - 20 of 58 Posts