S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Hot Rod MiniTrucker
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did any of you ohio guys see this story? it aired on wendsday. and it talked about how there is alot of street racing going on late nite though downtown cincy. it even had a so called "streetracer" talk about the racing. besides having a s10 I also have a eclipse that i would like to fix up for speed. i think if you race at 2am there is really no one on the road so whats the big deal its not like there doing drugs and all that bad stuff i think they should just let the guys do there think and stop trying to make them out to be the bad guy.

·
.......¯\(O_o)/¯.......
3,480 Posts
Street racing??? Why street race when you have "dragways" Much safer and LEGAL..

·
Primed And Ready
345 Posts
it's not that bad as long as your not one in a ricer crowd , i go watch these older guys with all muscle, and they send cars like half a mile down the raod and they stay there ansd watch gfor cars, if a car comes they msg the leader, by cellphone or lights

but yah it's deffidently not as safe as a track, but i guess it's not going to stopm, and no i'am not all for it, but for these guys it's there life they been doing it since they were 19 themselves

·
Hot Rod MiniTrucker
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont street race im just saying that there are worse things that those guys could be doing and atleast they dont do it during a some what busy time of day. i think that they should race at a track. but on the other hand maybe all the cops will be looking for street racing and not a mini trucker draging frame

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
God i hate all the ricers in cincy. And there not doing it downtown i know were its going on, and i wish i had my truck done to go kick some ricers ass.

Bagged, im not talking about you:thumbup:

·
Hot Rod MiniTrucker
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah, they are doing it downtown (on 71 and 75). Well atleast thats what the reporter said. but anyway dont hate them because they have different taste then us then we would be as bad as they are....you know what i mean.

·
Static> Bags
2,596 Posts
I know,
I know that they are also doing it out on 747, and other roads out that way.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Around here (Louisville) everybody almost has to street race because there isn't any tracks around here. There's Ohio Valley drag way, but it's only a 1/8th mile track.

·
Premium Member
16,419 Posts
The guy on the bike, the black gixxer, thats the prez of my car club. The story focused on some girl that got killed, in.....

COLUMBUS. That has what to do with Cincy?

·
Hot Rod MiniTrucker
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have no idea. but they had some guy with a hidden identity talk to the reporter about the "underground" world of street racing in cincy.... turns out that guy is my g/f's ex. i hated him before this whole thing so now alot of other people have joined with me to hate the nark.

·
I'LL CHROME ANYTHING!
4,970 Posts
yeah, we got ricers here in detroit too, they also street race in northern detroit, but they get serious... i know i guy with a BMW "door slammer" it's got a blown 350c.i. in it it does 9s. they try to keep the ricers away... but here where live they cruise eureka, a road by my house. we just take out the old beretta (it's our drag car, 355 small block tubbed RWD) and spank'em all night long!

·
I like MINE with NO shine
6,577 Posts
I have been eating choclate all my life but it doesnt mean that its safe...

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
U dont hink street racing can kill you? BAHAHAHA

/me sets up the betting table

·
This season SUCKS.
15,929 Posts
I know forklift racing, and doing donuts in the trailer yard, can definitely put a stranglehold on your job security.... (no further comments) But, as for street racing, I don't do it in this county... Cops here are anal, so I go up north, where I fear no Civic. (I can't really race a 2.5 dime against them, so I take my Cavvy)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts