S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found out my cigarette lighter i my truck dont work. both wires are connected to it and seem to be hooked up correctly. when i installed my headunit i had 2 extra wires i have no idea what theyre for. one is blue, other is black with a blue stripe. any ideas what these 2 wires goto?? its a 1st.

·
Banned
1,679 Posts
It's God conveniently telling you to stop smoking... lmao...

Check your wires to see if you got power... if one is hot and one is a ground then that should solve your problem... don't see why they would have gotten that messed up for a headunit install... but hey it happens to the best of us.

:tup:Chris

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i need to to hook my phone charger into.....:p if it stops raining ill go check for power to em and update ya.

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i went out to test it...got nothing...found out the wires under there were un hooked and just hanging...the ground is still good. i hooked it up into a battery terminal on the fuse block. it has constant power all the time now. will this drain my battery if nothing is in my cigarette lighter?? or is that how theyre supposed to be??

·
Skatin On 6Kickers
104 Posts
ya thats how its supposed to be, dont forget about the cars that have constant power to them, you can put a charger in it even with the key off. Same thing!

FrameScrape89s10 said:
i went out to test it...got nothing...found out the wires under there were un hooked and just hanging...the ground is still good. i hooked it up into a battery terminal on the fuse block. it has constant power all the time now. will this drain my battery if nothing is in my cigarette lighter?? or is that how theyre supposed to be??

·
Sprint Car Addict.
10,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
for some reason i was thinking it was supposed to turn off when you turn the key off.....oops.

thanks man

1 - 7 of 7 Posts