S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, while driving, or sometimes accelerating, I will feel the 4cyl beast chug then continue running smooth, or chug then start chugging so hard I can't accelerate any more and have to pull over and let it idle out. Usually after that, the check engine light comes on. It goes off on it own in about a day, but I can't figure out what causes the hesitation, and it turns off before I can have it read. Fuel filter or sensor maybe?

TIA

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
the code will stay in the system you can get it read at any time. Itll still be there. Go to autozone have it read and tell whats up.

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh... did not know that. I'll see about having it looked at tomorrow. I don't think my local Vato-Zone reads engine lights. I know they sell indigo windshield squirters, but I dunno if they actually do any real work. :rolleyes:

·
Ole skule VW nut
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Turns out the TPS (Throttle Positioning Sensor) is bad. Anyone ever have this problem? Seems to be a $50 part.

:bowtie:

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
My 2000, one night started running really bad. Every time I would hit the gas it would almost die. If I took my foot off the gas it would run fine and would even start accelerating. I had to shift to N at a stoplight because I was having to stand on the brakes then drop in D and hear it slam into gear and take off then shut off the engine when I pulled into my drive way. Next morning it ran fine, I was guessing TPS because of how it was almost doing the opposite of the throttle but I called autozone, poop boys, and advanced and none of them carried a TPS. This was like 3 months ago and its been fine since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts