S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Static Dropped Dime
1,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know alot of peeps have chrome ,b ut i was wondering how do some truck like a white on, look withe silver after market rims not polished just silver i seen some kool ones i liked but i think i might jsut save for chrome afterawhile, and get some other shit done. Whats the best way to look for rims. :cool:

·
**** you
9,528 Posts
personally, im not a huge fan of silver, they get dull easily, and brake dust shows up on them really well. With chrome, even if they are faded they still shine somewhat, so you can go longer without really polishing them up. just my opninion tho.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
Chrome is ok, I just don't want to have to deal with the upkeep they require. When I get my Bonspeed wheels, they'll either be polished silver, or gunmetal with a polished lip. Kinda unsure right now. It'd also depend on the wheels...C5 Z06 wheels look GREAT either painted gloss black or chrome, but look very meh if they're just silver.

·
back in the game again
1,599 Posts
IMO Chrome usually looks better, but it also depends on the vehicle...color, mostly, and like muddy said, the style of the wheel, most cases though, on an S-10, anyways Chrome or black is the way to go, I'd say save up teh extra $$.

·
Jabba The Griffin
3,296 Posts
I'll second what these other guys said. I like the chrome look, but it really depends on the color of your truck and style of the rim and its really what you like. Some rims look better with different finishes/colors, just get which ever you like best.

·
32,797 Posts
I perfer polished billit.

As for silver rims, to me, they just have that "ricer" look to them.

And before "tuner fans" cry about how so-and-so has this import that runs whatever, I don't give a shlt. The majority of ricers I see have silver rims.

·
Registered
964 Posts
To me polished billet or chrome is good, and even some painted/clearcoated rims look decent it's basically all up to personal preference. I usually associate a "ricer look" with rims that have a lot of spokes but I'm not talking about wires. But then again those rims look right at home on a small FWD car. But really do what you want! Browse around and look at other trucks before you decide, maybe even do a photoshop.

·
Registered
11,005 Posts
chrome wheels have always looked cheap and cheesy to me. yes they do shine longer with less upkeep, but its a shallow shine that doesn't do anything for me. polished billet always looks the best, but its a PITA to keep looking good. lately i've been liking the gunmetal grey look with a polished lip, and on some vehicles i like black with a polished lip.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts