S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im a little pissed off by now because i've ordered 2 seperate chrome front bumpers for my 97 from 2 diff places and both of them are these shitty made in china hunks of junk, they have machine bender marks on them and rust after the first time it rains - where is the best place to get one of these style bumpers other than from a dealer and still be decent quality??? help - thanks

·
Banned
1,395 Posts
I haven't gone recently, but I know I've walked past quite a few in the junk yards in the past.

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
Its all the same stuff,if you want a good chrome bumper, you have to go to the dealer. Personally im happy with my $95 chrome bumper lol.

·
32,797 Posts
Its all the same stuff,if you want a good chrome bumper, you have to go to the dealer. Personally im happy with my $95 chrome bumper lol.
Exactly correct.

Certifit, Keystone, LMC, FBI, all the ebay guys, etc.....all the same aftermarket stuff.

The dealer is the place with the high quality ones.

Likewise, I'm happy with my $80 bumper from partstrain.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've seen the 98' and up bumpers that come from those places that look great but for some reason it must be these damn 94' - 97'

·
Registered
13 Posts
I ordered one from AIM Industries. Try them. I got one with a bullet insert.

ok, im a little pissed off by now because i've ordered 2 seperate chrome front bumpers for my 97 from 2 diff places and both of them are these shitty made in china hunks of junk, they have machine bender marks on them and rust after the first time it rains - where is the best place to get one of these style bumpers other than from a dealer and still be decent quality??? help - thanks

·
Esss Tin Driver
1,724 Posts
I bought a 200 doller one (lol) from a local performance shop and I love it so far.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i had a feeling that they were all going to be the same junk just from a diff company, i've scrapped the other two bumpers and going to get a new one from the gm dealership up the road - id rather to just spend the extra money to get the quality bumper

·
I hate my truck.
2,747 Posts
i've seen the 98' and up bumpers that come from those places that look great but for some reason it must be these damn 94' - 97'

Wait, your doing the chrome 94-97 bumper with the painted end caps? Why...? The one piece 98+ bolts right up... But to each there own I suppose.

·
My self esteem is lower
1,117 Posts
Not to hijack the thread or anything, but i just so happened to get on to ask a question related to this topic. I'm tearing down the front end of my 00' S10x and adding new bumper, grill, lights etc. and what's the deal with those plastic padel looking things @ the bumper. (pic enclosed) it's like a little flap thingy. My question is what's the purpose it serves and should I ditch it or assume it's there for a reason and keep it. Is it just there to cushion and support the bumper/airdam? So what should I do with it. Cause I have everything off and parts will hopefully arrive this coming week. Input is much appreciated! :D

·
32,797 Posts
Mine came from JBM Sport Truck Accessories,...kinda pricey, but the quality is first rate,...I've had it on the truck for 3 years now and it still looks like new
The ones from JBM is the same aftermarket junk. The JBM bumpers are made by Roadmax, it's the same bumpers which the places like partstrain sell for cheaper.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts