S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
"I Like Mine With No Shine"
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someome suggested to me that i should run copper air lines on my truck. I never thought about that, but does that sound like a good or bad idea to ya'll. I plan on bagging it over Christmas Break.

·
Registered
217 Posts
if you are going "fast bags" your going to want to use larger diamiater lines with compressed air

if u are using the bags just to get in the weeds smaller line with a compressor and small resavore tank will do fine

as far as copper lines go i see them eventually rusting out some how and also not being very flexible in areas where you want the line to be flexible. you could use copper lines to your solenoid and then using the more flexible nylon line from your switches/toggles to your bags themselves ive never heard of copper lines being used myself it may be something new:bash:

·
Dis Member
87 Posts
Okay...

Copper aka hardline is a pretty expensive option, it's been done a lot before but it's not really worth it for the most part. Extensive Metal Works down in Texas does it a lot. As for copper rusting... it doesn't rust it oxidizes but not like a iron would.
If you want to run some type of hardline it's easier to run steel braid but that is also just as expensive.
I'd say just stick to DOT approved synflex line. Much easier to run/bend and much easier to maintenence or change if something breaks.

·
"I Like Mine With No Shine"
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope to start baggin it here in the next two or three weeks. I'm gonna run 2 7gal tanks in the bed with probably copper line coming from the bed into the cab, since I'm gonna run 1/2 manual ball valves in the cab. So, I figured I could at least run copper line from the bed to the cab and then out of the cab to the underside of the truck, and then run regular air line from there to the bags.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts