S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
IT IS SUCH CHOICE
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone on there burn chips? i had a ads superchip but it doesnt fit. :rant: i dont want to spend alot of money but ya.

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
Talk about an incomplete thought.

I see in your signature you have a 95 4.3/5 speed. I will assume TBI. If it is, is your computer under the hood with 3 connectors? Hopefully not, because if it is that is most likely the bastard OBD I non-programmable computer that no one touches.

But you might be lucky and have something else.

·
IT IS SUCH CHOICE
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how did i buy a chip for it then? it was for sure made for a 95 4.3 stick with a tbi.

and what is a bbc # where is the ecm #. thanks
does that mean you can burn one for me?

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
So you bought a chip you thought was for it and it didn't fit. Well there is a tag right on the ECM/PCM/Computer (what ever you want to call it) that has the code on it.

Where is your pcm located? Under dash, or under hood?

Perhaps pcmforless, tbichips, or tunercat may be able to help you once you determine which pcm you have.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
essdime said:
how did i buy a chip for it then? it was for sure made for a 95 4.3 stick with a tbi.

and what is a bbc # where is the ecm #. thanks
does that mean you can burn one for me?
Both should be located on the case of the ECM/ PCM on a paper tag ,that's glued fast. If there is no tag on the outside take the cover off that cover the EEPROM and the BCC is on the chip. You shouldn't have to remove it to read it. Normally it's a four letter code. Post the code

1 - 6 of 6 Posts