S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey anyone have some info on chips? i've been looking to give my truck more power and i heard that chips do a **** good job, i have a 96 s10 v6, i've heard prices around 150-200? drop any info you got

·
Accent, what accent
778 Posts
never had it dynod but better part throtle and at WOT WOW big diff. slight advance in timing like 2-3* and some of the limiters changed or off. give'em a call. you might also want to look at fast chip.com or super chip.com. just to give you some choices. don't forget to ask alot of questions.

·
Chevy Rules!
144 Posts
96 is OBDII and thus you will need a programmer rather than a chip. Thik like 300 for it. It can do alot and helps more on the auto trannies. Believe it is called the hypertech power programmer by hypertech.

·
Accent, what accent
778 Posts
how much HP incease could you see. what degree of advance in the tining . what limiters are changed and/or removed and how so. do you need to run higher octane gas . do you need to lower the t-stat. will it affect your emmisions.
that should get you started. also sorry I didn't relize you where talking about a '96 , you will need to re-flash or add an external programer to the computer. RSHARPE is right , I just think HYPER TECH is over rated. to each thier own. do the research and draw your own conclusions. good luck , there is alot of info out there.

·
Accent, what accent
778 Posts
the HYPER TECK is a plug in takes 30min or less. re-flash requires you to take out the computer send it out 2-3 days and re-insall. guess that depends on your wrenching ability. look at some of the sites that offer what your looking for , they useually tell what you need to do.

·
Accent, what accent
778 Posts
SURE . WHY NOT . like I said before to each thier own , look into all of them and draw your own conclusion.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for the progammer, people tell me i would have to plug it in and program it everytime i want to use it, and what else would i have to do if anything to my engine to facilitate performance

·
Accent, what accent
778 Posts
YOU'VE ALREADY DONE IT . OPEN EXH & INTAKE.

·
Registered
132 Posts
you'll get better results....

if you send your computer to Ed Wright at Fastchip.com. He has one day turn around. Cost is around $300. Just be sure to talk to him and tell you what you want as far as removing or raising the 97mph fuel cutoff, shift firmness, tire size and such.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
300+labor=? to much ****ing money, but i will check it out nonetheless, i am still checking products out

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright i e-mailed that guy from fast chip and this is what he said, what else should i ask him

The cost would be $350.00 + freight. The
speed fuel cut-off will be removed, rev limiters raised and the shifts
firmed up some. You would have to use min 91 octane fuel with the new
tuning. Fuel economy should stay the same. The engine should gain 13/14
hp
at the wheels.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts