S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
I finally got blown
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If the link doesn't work go to eBay and put in the GM part no. 19212593.

Anybody using these? If you are please comment. Thanks.

·
Been there Done it
13,194 Posts
IIRC that pan hangs a couple inches below the crossmember. You'll want to build a skid plate for it if you use it. Cast aluminum doesn't handle impact very well.
In an H3 that wasn't an issue.
Have you read this book?

·
I finally got blown
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No. Just seeing if the Chinese stuff is a viable option. I have the GM h3 pan in my s10 it fits pretty good and barely hangs lower than the cross member. Looking to save some money when I put an ls in my blazer.

Also there is a knock off of Holley's 302-1 pan on eBay for around $200. Pops up if you search 302-1. Looks off to me. Looks like the white box pan but not finished at the rear. It's completely solid at the back.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
The H3 pan won't hang down on the Blazer because of the taller frame. I took advantage of that and lowered my mounts a bit, so that the oil plug is just above the bottom of the engine crossmember when I swapped my Blazer.

·
Been there Done it
13,194 Posts

·
I finally got blown
854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah Im not worried about most of this stuff, just looking for is if they bolt up correctly, are they cracking and leaky after a few miles, porosity seapage. Stuff like that. It is the cheap stuff that has issues like this.

·
Horsepower Addict
280 Posts
So far the ones I have seen are pretty nice... I bought a 302-1 as it doesn't hang as low, but casting quality is good & machining was nice.

You also get a gasket & dipstick with them which is worth another $50.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought the Holley 302-1… also made in China
Only twice the cost to have the Holley name on it 🥲

·
B4U Task Force Admin
31,235 Posts
I bought the "White Box" pan from Holley and it was considerably cheaper @ $299.95

·
Registered
41 Posts
Buy the pan in the link below.

Everything is included and you get dual turbo returns.

The only thing you need to do is trim the stock crank scrapper and adjust the dip stick.

It is a holley pan for less money. It also includes a 2 bolt pickup with the correct bolts.

Bolted right up to my 02 5.3.

Here is a video showing the install.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts