S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 s10 .I unplugged the plug on the box to stop door chime .NOW radio will not turn off is this correct

·
Been there Done it
8,599 Posts
On the late models the chime is actually coming through the radio. It's not a separate buzzer box like in the old days that you could simply remove.

Reactions: twws

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
On the late models the chime is actually coming through the radio. It's not a separate buzzer box like in the old days that you could simply remove.
ok thanks. now i got fiqure which wire is for the key and only cut that wire

·
Been there Done it
8,599 Posts
Don't know as there is a wire you can cut w/o other consequences. The popular opinion is you're stuck with the chime. If you do figure out a way, please post it so we all can benefit from your new info.

Reactions: twws

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know as there is a wire you can cut w/o other consequences. The popular opinion is you're stuck with the chime. If you do figure out a way, please post it so we all can benefit from your new info.
your right everything affects some thing else lol

·
Registered
331 Posts
So does the door chime/turn signal warning go away when you swap in an aftermarket radio?
The chime still works in my 2003 and it's had an aftermarket radio since almost new. I'm not sure, but I believe the signal to chime is sent to the radio from the BCM, regardless of which radio is in the truck.

·
Been there Done it
8,599 Posts
Interesting. Didn't know that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts