S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cab. That is....

Picked up this truck Saturday morning. One owner truck, and he took damn good care of it. It's the cleanest 9 year old truck i've ever seen, got the price of it talked down to $11k, (they were asking $12k.) From talking to a couple of guys on here, the price is highway robbery, but with the condition it was in, I figured I would kick myself if I passed it up. And that price is average for ZR5's around here, I saw one in Myrtle Beach that was listed for $14k, They don't seem to depreciate much down south.

My 98 is getting up there in mileage, and just isn't as dependable as I'd like for it to be, don't mind driving it around town and all, but wouldn't want it to get me stranded 2 hours away. So this has become my daily.

Completed mods (A.K.A. what i've been doing all day today...) include running boards removed, dealer sticker removed off of the tailgate, dealer tag removed from front valance, DRL and AHL's disabled, LED license tag lights, LED dome lighting, an LED bulb in the ashtray, and while i was doing the AHL disable, I ditched the stock tweeters in the dash for a pair of power acoustik's I had never opened.

Plans are for a slight t-bar crank for now, clear corners with JamStraight orange LED's, 5000K HID's, colormatched grille and bowtie, cheap ebay cold air intake, thrush muffler (...maybe) tint the front windows, LED tails, LED 3rd Brake light (if i can find one that fits a crewcab, just like the one on my 98), along with speaker upgrades at all 4 doors. I also plan to debadge it, as soon as this week. Also need to get my hands on a pair of GM Excellence emblems, spray them flat black, to match the bedrails, and put them down below the bodyline on the doors, just like the ones i've done on my 98...

Here is the pic that started it all last week, a buddy of mine sent me this pic, he works at the bodyshop at the dealership where it was at, he sent the pic with a message saying "clean truck...you should come get it.." lol.

It's been really ugly today, and the truck has been cramped up in the shop, with no room to get any good pics, so here are the only pics I have so far, from yesterday morning...more pics to come tonight, once it gets darker, of the lighting upgrades..will also update this thread from time to time with any updates I do.

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
tried to get a pic of the LED's just now, but it didn't work too well..will try one when it gets a little bit darker, without flash, but here is a shot of the inside, driver side floormat is a little dirty, but i think i'm gonna go with some of those weathertech mats eventually. if they make them for s-series...

and then the backseat, which looks like hardly anybody has ever sat in...

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

got this pic today at work...minus the running boards..ordered HID's and clear corners tonight, and also picked up amber LED's for the turn signals, both 3157's for the clear corners themselves, and 194's for the headlights...not that anybody particularly seems to care...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
looks good. wondered why it had what looked like gmc seats. after searching around a lil, it looks like the chevy crew cabs had the gmc patterened seats. learn something new every day.

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That's news to me too..I definitely like the seats..alot nicer than the original seats were in the 98 before the cavi's replaced them. So slow at work today, wanna try to go out and polish up the headlights some..gotta get hold of some fishing line to do the debadge job...might just end up stealing some out of my fishing pole..cause my spool of line sure seems to have walked off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
V8 with bags
7,372 Posts
price isnt too high for the south, especially in that condition. Ive been looking for one for a while at a decent price. Cheapest one i found had a lot of mile and was beat. Everything else is in the 9k+ range and not as clean and not the zr5.

anyways, truck looks great, cant wait to see some mods done to it

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
HID's came in today...no sign of the clear corners...will probably order billet inserts tonight...would like to do everything at once while the grille is off..but oh well. pulled the LS emblems off the c-pillars one night this week, and think i'll tackle the rest of the emblems this weekend, weather pending...tag showed up in the mail today also, so i can get that ugly ass temp tag off...might even crank the torsion bars up this weekend, that rake is really bugging me.

ordered ventvisors at work today, should come in tomorrow, felt like an oven getting in the truck to come home just now...might take away from some of the sleekness of the truck, but it'll be worth it. been stereo shopping around online the past couple of days, I've fell in love with the Pioneer AppRadio 2, really like how it's android compatible - for a change..might take a few months of saving up to get it though, seeing as though i have all these plans, and haven't made the first payment..:-/.

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
Nice crew man!

Just FYI, you didn't say what year it was other than 9 years old, so if both of our math is lining up the same that would mean it's an '03. If that's true, that explains the seats, as all '03 S-series (and the '04 crewcabs) got new seat material compared to the '98-'02s

Lastly, the flares that are on the ZR5s... are they they same as Xtreme flares, as far as the wheelwell gap is concerned (lowering the arch towards the tire an inch or so)? The rear ones obviously aren't identical to the X flares because of the Hombre bulge in the 4.5 foot bed, and neither front nor rear would be the same as X flares due to coming all the way down to the bottom of the rockers (whereas X flares stop at the bottom of the doors, where they meet up with the rocker covers/ground fx).

I'm thinking they are the same because of the little filler piece needed on the bumper to make a normal valance work with them.

Just wondering because 1low4x4 and I are going to probably be tackling a project using the X flares on a crewcab, so if we can use ZR5 flares it might help us out :)

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
my bad..yea..it's an 03..

i'm not too sure on the fender flare question, i can look into it if you want me to..i'm a little confused what you were wanting to know...would taking some pics of the flares close up help any, and maybe some shots from inside the fenderwell, like how it mounts and all help?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Just FYI, you didn't say what year it was other than 9 years old, so if both of our math is lining up the same that would mean it's an '03. If that's true, that explains the seats, as all '03 S-series (and the '04 crewcabs) got new seat material compared to the '98-'02s
i was talking about the actual pattern of the seats, not the material used

s10

sonoma

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
my bad..yea..it's an 03..

i'm not too sure on the fender flare question, i can look into it if you want me to..i'm a little confused what you were wanting to know...would taking some pics of the flares close up help any, and maybe some shots from inside the fenderwell, like how it mounts and all help?
Yeah, actually that would help a lot!

·
Lifted 2wd & Bodied 4x4
13,484 Posts
i was talking about the actual pattern of the seats, not the material used

s10

sonoma
Oh wow... I never realized that the stitching pattern was different between them. Thanks for pointing that out! :tup:

·
51,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
here goes some pics, I hope it helps you, if not...just tell me specifically what i can do, and we'll go from there..i had just woke up this morning when i took these, so i was half awake, and it was kinda chilly out, so these may suck...lol.

starting with the front flares...

...and then the back..

(damn tshirt tan...)

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
About this Discussion
105 Replies
24 Participants
stepasyd
S-10 Forum
S10forum is the community to discuss the S-Series, Chevrolet Colorado and GMC Canyon. Join to discuss rebuilds, modifications, tech articles and more!
Full Forum Listing