S-10 Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am considering purchasing a late 90s or early 00s S-10 for an errand truck and a beater. I am looking at the extended cabs and even the crew cabs, but the crew cabs are more than I want to spend so I was wondering if anyone had any pictures or personal experience with child car seats in an S-10.

Hows the fit both forward and reward facing? Is it a PITA to get them in and out with only 3 doors? Got any pics of the seat mounted and how much room is still in the front.

I would appriciate any info on both the extended cabs and the crew cabs. My current truck is not child friendly so I am looking to change.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a 2000 extended cab and the rear seat is a side-facing fold-down jump seat rather than an actual bench seat. Despite it's child-like size, it's not meant for children or child seats.

Using the front passenger seat is acceptable as long as you turn off the passenger airbag (there's a switch in the dashboard that you insert the ignition key and turn, it's clearly marked). I do this on a fairly regular basis and it's not terribly hard to put in either the front or rear facing seats. There is a rear tether hook behind the passenger seat specifically for child seats, and how well the shoulder belt fits will depend on the seat. If you have the seat, I recommend taking it with you when you test drive the truck.

I think you'll find that, after a certain year (whenever the 2nd generation trucks came out I think) - they'll either have a full rear seat (crew cab) OR a switchable passenger airbag (extended and regular cab).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts