S-10 Forum banner

Chevy lean

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Life is a Enigma 
#1 ·
I have a 97 ext cab 2wd 4.3 x vin and ive put massive time and money in. All new suspenion parts front and rear, shocks, coils, leafs, ball joints tie rods idler center link uca's and STILL cannot get rid of this chevy lean. I bought new 1" drop coils for the front as were cheaper than oem height and i have 2" drop blocks on the rear. It tracks straight and drives great exept the ever so sliiiiiiiight drift to the right... and rhe DS is the one leaning.. any ideas or suggestions?? Didnt use new insulators on front coils as couldnt afford at the time, reused old ones which were SHOT.. have new pollys for it yet to be installed...

#4 ·
Thank you, will do that. Am getting ready to here very soon rebuild it all again top to bottom. I did however change my front pads yesterday and measured center of UCA/wheelwell and found my driver side is 3/8 farther foward than the passenger.. will update when i figure out how to center it, im thinkin LCA bushings as theyre the only thing untouched..

#5 ·
This might help
Belltech Sport Trucks and Muscle Cars

When you put the new coil springs in make sure the bottom of the spring where it ends is facing the two holes on the lower a arm towards the back of the lower arm that's where the end of the coil rest in the a arm. If it's not in it's spot it could push one side up just a little bit over the other side. Our trucks are always going to lean more to the driver side because of the gas tank placement all that weight on one side plus driver what were they thinking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.