S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is beginning to drive me crazy, I have owned 5 GM cars and trucks in my life and everyone I have replaced Hinge pins... 2 Monte Carlo ss (both needed hinges) 1 Buick Grandnational ( needed Drivers Hinge) 1992 s-10 Blazer (Drivers Hinge) Now My 1999 S-10 Xtreme needs drivers side hinge. We had a real bad rail storm yesterday, and my drivers dooe leaks like an SOB and you could hear the wind blowing through. I looked at my hinge and sure enough my hinge pin is out and the bushing is gone...

Is it just me????? I tried searching and I only found 1 other person with this problem. I called GM and they say it's common.

I had to vent!!!! But if anyone needs to know you can get 2 new replacement hinge pins for $20.00 shipped off Ebay...

·
I'm on a boat!
1,522 Posts
Yeah, I'm with ya on this one. I also have a 99 Xtreme and my bushings on the driver's door are shot and it leaks a little at the top. I'm not sure about the passenger side, but it sucks a$$ either way.

·
Registered
127 Posts
it's real easy to replace them, pull the spring, pop the top pin out, replace the bushings, pop the pin back in.Make sure you don't leave the bushings too long as it is a PITA to replace the hinge bracket as they are welded on.

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It could cause that cause my old Monte you had to lift the door to open it.. I should get the parts today.. I am going to see how hard it is to install.

99Xtreme

tjputerboy said:
would that make your door harder to open, like you have to tug on it to get it open. My passenger door opens fine, but my drivers door is a bish to open.
how much does everything cost to fix one door?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts