S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Xtreme
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to buy a checkmate flush fiberglass cover, has anyone had good or bad experiences with them. i heard sometimes their quality can be really bad and good. can someone help me out that has bought one already?? thanks

jarrett

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
i bought one for my truck, and my new truck has one on it too. best damn cover you can buy for the price. mine was very good quality. the one thing is you dont want to use it if you want to keep water out. the flush design has a gasket around it and everything, but water can still make its way under, but not a lot. however, if you raise the cover after it rained, all that water will go inside your bed. i dont really care, because its just there covering my tanks and compressors...lata

·
Registered
893 Posts
have the checkmate fx.. dual locks and quick release hinges. The corners of the metal frame are rough and ubly, but ill fix em when i paint it. The killer is the shipping though. If you dont have a business to ship it to itll be even more expensive..I paid 120 to ship to east bay california. Mounts easy and removes easy. The locks were a pain though. The design isnt great in that the lock arms are rather short and you have to drill through part of the cover frame to get close enough.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was looking at their web site, cause I was wondering if the cover mounts without drilling. I'd rather not drill a bunch o' holes in my bed. Can anyone help?

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
yes i belive you do need to drill a few holes to mount the hinges

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i have a sprint flush mount only reason i got that one is because it was 349 painted plus shipping....and water leaks a little on it too but so u dont want anything thats not water proof to sit out there perament.....

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Where is a website who sells these bed covers?

Thanks.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
check a mini truckin mag they have like 5 or 6 different ads.....some company's dunno there sites are checkmate sprint and slim top and i'm sure there are more......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts