S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Store bought ain't custom
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cool! look at these. anyone got anything like this?

ebay listing

Thomas
SLO, CA

·
Registered
804 Posts
re:

I think I might keep $160 and try that myself... he just used red transparency paint on the taillights.

Just tape off the pattern you want, paint it with the red transparency paint and voila!...

Cool idea.

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
does anyone have something like that on their truck? I'm thinking about doing it. Buying a set of clears and some red tint.

Thomas
SLO, CA

·
Registered
804 Posts
re:

Yup...

But those are the type of people you'll find on eBay... either they're real stingy and looking for real deals or they have no clue what it's really worth or how to do it and are willing to throw money at anything... hehe

I sold my homemade clear lenses for my 1991 Toyota Celica GTS on eBay for over $170US... at the time I was among a few who knew how to modify the lights and make them clear. Cost of the light from the factory was $30CDN and took me maybe 2 hours per light to do... LOL

It's kinda light the 98+ Sonoma Clear Headlights.... they're not available to be purchased retail, but if you know how to modify them or are handy/crafty to try it... you can get them clear.

If Sonoma lights were pretty cheap from the dealer, I would quit my day job and start clearing them out and sellin' em on eBay... LOL...

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
my lights came clear from the factory, except for the bottom outside corner which is just a yellow reflector. What i want to see is someone's envoy bumper cover. i'm thinking about doing it an I want to see what it looks like. I also want to get one of those nice billet grills. mmmmm aluminimy

Thomas
SLO, CA

·
Registered
804 Posts
re: Envoy Bumper

Check out my website if you want pictures of the Envoy bumper on my truck.

I don't have any pictures of the bumper itself... but it's off my truck now so as soon as I get access to a digital camera again I could take some more pictures.

It was *very* easy to install... takes no more than 10 - 15 minutes.

Hope this helps,

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nice. I like the bumper. any idea where I can get one for cheap? I'm a college student with no money

·
Registered
804 Posts
imconfused said:
nice. I like the bumper. any idea where I can get one for cheap? I'm a college student with no money
I got mine when I was rear ended. They wanted to replace my entire factory exhaust which is $500... but it was only damaged after the muffler... so I cut it off with a sawzall and told them to get me an Envoy bumper instead of a new exhaust.

www.gmpartsdirect.com should have it for a bit cheaper than the dealer

Otherwise, try www.car-part.com

Hope this helps,

·
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can't find the bumper cover.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts