S-10 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry for the old bump MODS please close the one out and I can make a new thread.

I realize you guys don’t like old bumps. Some forums don’t mind keeping threads going for the same issues for traceability

you guys should have an auto archive for old threads so they can’t be bumped if it is so upsetting to you just my 2 cents

block it from happening rather than allow it and get upset when it happens

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,347 Posts
Gonna bump this one too. I have an 1987 s15 that I am resurrecting. It has been sitting 6 years in the woods and some mice have gotten at a couple of the wires. I have replaces a ground I found chewed thru and it looks like an ac relay or fuel pump relay green wire is chewed thru too. I didn’t hear the pump prime when I turned the key but that coulda been cause the door buzzer was masking the pump prime sound. I’ll try again next week or so with the door close to hear for pump prime again.

I siphoned all the gas out and before refilling it I cranked it over and it cranks really strong. As it cranked over the oil pressure clicked up to 80! Was happy to see that so I think my oiling system is fine.

if I dump gas down the TB I can get it to start and run for a few seconds but it does out and the CHECK GUAGES light is like always on.

from this thread i think I just need to add gas and try again. I am hoping this light just comes on for low gas as one reason cause that’s the easiest fix.

Thank you guys I’ll fill up some gas into the tank and fix the green wire I saw chewed thru and close driver door primo pump to key on and listen to pump. Will probably try checking and swapping or replacing relays and fuses if necessary too

Really looking forward to getting this thing going. The fact it ran pumped me up!!!!
Normally I would just move it to a new thread, but since you've expressed this isn't the first thread you've bumped, I'll just close it. There is no need to bump threads that are dead. If you read the Rules, which you indicated you did when you registered, it explains how to link an old thread to a new one.

Closed.

Reactions: s15_neub

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,347 Posts
Sorry for the old bump MODS please close the one out and I can make a new thread.

I realize you guys don’t like old bumps. Some forums don’t mind keeping threads going for the same issues for traceability

you guys should have an auto archive for old threads so they can’t be bumped if it is so upsetting to you just my 2 cents

block it from happening rather than allow it and get upset when it happens
Don't abuse the rules and all will be fine.

Might try reading them again..

·
B4U Task Force Admin
30,347 Posts
On second thought, since you were warned about bumping threads earlier and you still insist on doing it, you can stand in the corner with Willie Oleson for a week.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.